Optiphen ND is the newest preservative from ISP. This complete preservative system is paraben free and does not contain formaldehyde releasers. It is effective against Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria, yeast, and mold. The pH of finished formulations should be 6 or below for effective utilization of this preservative. Optiphen ND is approved for use worldwide.
- -Optiphen ND is applicable for use in a variety of personal care products including shampoos, shower gels, body washes, creams, lotions, gels, and wet wipes with an acidic pH.
- -Optiphen ND is a liquid that can be easily added at any phase of the formulation. It can be added during pre- or post-emulsification at or below 80C.
- -In aqueous systems with low amounts of emulsifiers, intensive mixing is recommended to achieve uniform dispersal of the active ingredients.
- -Please note that every personal care formulation requires a preservative system that meets its specific needs. Therefore, every newly developed formulation should undergo challenge testing to ensure adequate preservation.
INCI Name: Phenoxyethanol (and) Benzoic Acid (and) Dehydroacetic Acid
- Recommended Use Levels: 0.2% - 1.2%
- pH: 4.0
- Solubility: 5g/L @ 68F
- Color: Colorless to light yellow
- Phenoxyethanol: 79.0-81.0%
- Benzoic Acid: 11.5-12.5%
- Dehydroacetic Acid: 7.7-8.3%