The power of the Witch Hazel plant without alcohol
INCI: Hammamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water
Extraction Method: Distillation
Preservative: Benzoic Acid
Shelf Life: 3 Years
Country of Origin: Canada
Alcohol Free Witch Hazel Distillates (or Witch Hazel extracts) are clear, colorless botanical extracts prepared from the recently cut and partially dried, dormant twigs of the Hamamelis virginiana Linne plant. These distillates offer a variety of benefits for skin and personal care applications.
Alcohol Free Distillates are particularly advantageous for applications that require the soothing natural astringent properties of Witch Hazel, and there are instances where the use of alcohol is not appropriate.
Such formulations may include those with constraints in:
- Processing parameters - high surfactant, multi-phase, or high temperature products
- Product performance - foaming products, body washes, mousses, creams
- Marketing claims - alcohol free, "sting free," and sensitive skin formulations
The most popular uses are for products where irritation or skin feel is of primary concern. Many customers specify distillates for treatment products including, anti-irritant products for sun care, wound care, children's "sting free" products and other products where skin sensitization is an issue.
Sensitive Skin Formulations - Eye Creams/Gels/Serums, Shaving Creams
- Alcohol Free Formulations - Toners, Cleansers
- Treatment Products - Wound Care, Sun Care, Eye Care