Pure beeswax produces a candle that burns longer and cleaner than ordinary paraffin candles. In fact, it has a slow, smokeless flame and it does not drip. Because its melting point is higher than other waxes, its flame gives off more light and heat.
Is it Natural: Our 100% natural beeswax comes as pictured, in a 2 lb block, in a yellow to orange. This pure beeswax is 100% natural.
Uses: Beeswax can be used in the manufacturing of many products such as lotions, creams, balms, body butter and even soaps to which it provides body and stiffness and assists as a thickener.
Why use Beeswax in Candles instead of paraffin
- Beeswax is a 100% natural fuel created by bees whereas Paraffin is a toxic byproduct of the oil industry.
- Beeswax candles burn cleaner than any other, Paraffin candles give off many of the same toxic fumes as are found in auto exhaust.
- Beeswax candles burn longer than others and do not drip, Paraffin candles are relatively short burning and drip excessively.
- Beeswax candles emit bright light that has the same light spectrum as the sun, Paraffin candles produce a disorganized light spectrum very similar to old-fashioned incandescent bulbs.
- Beeswax candles emit negative ions that actually clean the air and invigorate the body, Paraffin candles produce toxic petrol-soot that eventually stains all interior surfaces.
- Beeswax candles are naturally scented by the honey and nectar of flowers packed into the honeycomb within the beehive. Paraffin candles typically contain artificial fragrances and colors which also produce toxins and stains when burned.
- Beeswax candles come from a renewable resource: beeswax which is being farmed and renewed naturally everyday. Paraffin candles come from a nonrenewable resource: petroleum.
Caution: The melting point of this wax is between 143 deg F to 152 deg F. Overheating this will impact its scent and color. Please melt at a low heat as possible while stirring gently, and use it as soon as it is melted. If left too long it can burn and render poor-quality results, including a cooked or burnt odor.
Warning: When melting beeswax, always use a water bath by placing the container of wax - probably a small saucepan - inside a larger pan of water. Never place a pan of wax directly on a hot plate or gas ring. Beeswax can easily become damaged by localized overheating and if it ignites, can burn more ferociously than any chip pan fire. Beeswax does not boil - it just gets hotter and hotter until it ignites.