About Fuller's Earth Clay
- Synonyms: Fullers Earth Clay
- INCI Name: Solum fullonum
- CAS: 8031-18-3
- Einecs: 310-127-6
- Viscosity: Solid
- Solublity: Soluble in water
- Storage: Cool, dark dry area, air tight container preferred
- Appearance: Light Grey, Green powder
- Odor: Low to no scent
- Natural: Natural
- Packaging: 1 Lb is a single bag, 5 Lb is a single bag, 25 lb is 5 x 5 lb bags, 55 lb is a single bag
- Shelf life: Suggested retest date 1 year from purchase
Usage / Benefits
- Industries: Cosmetics, skincare, haircare, soap manufacturing, oil refining, textile industry, decontamination, leather treatment, pottery, papermaking, paint, wastewater treatment, geotechnical engineering.
- Applications: Oil and grease removal, facial masks, skin cleansers, acne treatments, hair masks, hair clarifying treatments, natural deodorants, pigment clarification, decolorizing agent, absorbent in cat litter, spill cleanup, mud packs, filler in rubber and plastics, adhesive formulations, drilling muds.
- Benefits: Deep cleansing properties, exfoliates dead skin cells, absorbs excess oil, reduces acne and blemishes, brightens skin tone, minimizes pores, evens out skin complexion, conditions hair, clarifies scalp impurities, natural astringent, reduces scars, improves skin elasticity.
- Products Uses: Facial masks, skin cleansers, acne treatments, hair masks, scalp treatments, pore minimizers, natural deodorants, makeup products, bath powders, skin brighteners, homemade soaps, body wraps, detoxifying treatments.
- Safety: Generally safe, however keep out of eyes and do not eat.
- Cautions: Not for ingestion, keep away from pets and children who may attempt to eat.
- External Use Only: Even if food grade, we do not provide items for ingestion, all of our items are for external use only.
Fuller's Earth Clay
Fuller's Earth, commonly known as Multani Mitti in some parts of the world, is a naturally occurring sedimentary clay composed mainly of alumina, silica, iron oxides, and water in variable amounts. With its roots tracing back to ancient civilizations, Fuller's Earth has been a go-to solution for several skin and hair concerns. In modern times, its popularity remains undiminished, making it a staple ingredient in personal care products, soap formulations, and cosmetics. Here, we delve into the myriad uses and benefits of this earthy wonder in the realms of personal care and beauty.
A Rich Historical Backdrop
Fuller's Earth got its English name from its initial use in the wool industry. 'Fullers' were textile workers who utilized this clay to remove oil and grease from woolen fabric. Its exceptional absorbent properties made it the perfect choice for this purpose. Over time, however, the cosmetic benefits of this clay came to the forefront, and it began to be revered as a beauty-enhancing substance.
Fuller's Earth in Personal Care
When it comes to personal care, Fuller's Earth has carved a niche for itself as an effective solution for several skin and hair concerns. Its natural components contribute to its multifaceted applications:
1. Deep Cleansing Agent
One of the standout attributes of Fuller's Earth is its profound cleansing capability. Acting as a natural magnet, it draws out dirt, grime, and pollutants from the skin, leaving it feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. This deep cleansing action makes it an essential component in facial masks and cleansers.
2. Oil Absorption
For those battling oily skin, Fuller's Earth is nothing short of a boon. Its inherent absorbent qualities make it adept at soaking up excess sebum from the skin's surface, helping to maintain a balanced complexion. This makes it a preferred ingredient in face packs for oily skin types.
3. Natural Exfoliation
As a gentle exfoliant, Fuller's Earth assists in the removal of dead skin cells, promoting the emergence of a brighter and more radiant complexion. Its mild abrasive nature ensures that the skin isn't stripped of its natural oils, making the exfoliation process smooth and nourishing.
Fuller's Earth in Soap Making
Artisanal and commercial soap makers alike venerate Fuller's Earth for the unique touch it brings to soap formulations:
1. Enhanced Texture
When incorporated into soaps, Fuller's Earth lends a creamy and luxurious texture, enhancing the overall bathing experience. Its presence ensures that the soap offers a gentle scrubbing action, which aids in effective cleansing.
2. Skin Benefits
Soaps containing Fuller's Earth not only cleanse but also provide the skin with its myriad benefits. From oil absorption to offering a radiant glow, these soaps can be a perfect addition to one's skincare regime.
Fuller's Earth in Cosmetic Making
Fuller's Earth has found its way into a wide array of cosmetic products, thanks to its skin-enhancing properties:
1. Foundations and Powders
Given its oil-absorbing nature, Fuller's Earth is often added to foundations and powders to ensure a matte finish. It helps in controlling shine and provides the skin with a flawless appearance.
2. Natural Colorant
The subtle earthy hue of Fuller's Earth makes it a natural colorant in various cosmetic products, imparting them with a neutral shade suitable for a wide range of skin tones.
In conclusion, Fuller's Earth is a versatile clay that has proven its worth across various eras and cultures. Its adaptability and range of benefits make it an indispensable ingredient in the world of personal care, soaps, and cosmetics. Whether you're aiming for a deep cleanse, a matte complexion, or a naturally tinted product, Fuller's Earth stands out as a reliable and effective solution.
Fuller's Earth Clay Uses
Fuller's Earth Clay, often referred to as Multani Mitti, is a naturally occurring sedimentary clay renowned for its multitude of applications. Its unique properties, ranging from absorbency to mineral content, have made it a favored choice in various industries, particularly in the realm of personal care and beauty.
Personal Care and Beauty
The personal care and beauty industry has embraced Fuller's Earth Clay for its myriad benefits:
- Skin Cleansing: Acting as a powerful absorbent, Fuller's Earth draws out impurities, excess oil, and dirt from the skin. It is a common ingredient in many facial masks and cleansers.
- Acne Treatment: The clay's antibacterial properties aid in combating acne-causing bacteria, making it a natural remedy for acne-prone skin.
- Pore Tightening: It helps in minimizing the appearance of pores, thereby giving the skin a smoother texture.
- Skin Brightening: Regular use of Fuller's Earth can result in brighter and more radiant skin as it exfoliates and removes dead skin cells.
- Hair Cleansing: Due to its ability to absorb oil, it serves as a natural hair cleanser and is often found in hair masks and shampoos for oily scalps.
In the artisanal world of soap making, Fuller's Earth is cherished for:
- Texture Enhancement: It imparts soaps with a creamy consistency, making them more luxurious.
- Exfoliation: Its mild abrasive nature can provide a gentle scrubbing action in soaps.
- Natural Coloring: The earthy hue of Fuller's Earth can serve as a natural colorant in soap bars.
Fuller's Earth finds its place in various cosmetic products due to its innate properties:
- Matte Finish: Its oil-absorbing qualities make it a prime ingredient in foundations and powders that aim for a matte finish.
- Natural Pigmentation: Its natural color provides a subtle tint, making it suitable for a range of cosmetic products.
In essence, Fuller's Earth Clay is a versatile ingredient that has been trusted for centuries. Whether it's for achieving glowing skin, formulating the perfect soap, or crafting cosmetics, its benefits are manifold and continue to stand the test of time.
Fuller's Earth Clay Benefits
Fuller's Earth Clay, often known as Multani Mitti, boasts an impressive range of benefits that have made it a staple in various beauty and personal care regimens for centuries. Its natural composition offers several advantages to the skin and hair.
Fuller's Earth Clay is particularly revered for its profound effects on the skin:
- Deep Cleansing: The clay acts as a magnet, drawing out dirt, impurities, and excess oils from the skin. This deep cleansing action helps unclog pores and prevent breakouts.
- Natural Exfoliation: The mild abrasive texture of Fuller's Earth gently exfoliates the skin, removing dead skin cells and promoting cell renewal.
- Oil Regulation: Its inherent oil-absorbing properties help regulate sebum production, making it ideal for oily and combination skin types.
- Complexion Enhancement: Regular application can lead to a brighter complexion and reduced appearance of blemishes and dark spots.
- Pore Tightening: It aids in refining skin texture by minimizing the appearance of large pores.
While it's primarily known for its skin advantages, Fuller's Earth Clay also brings a host of benefits to hair care:
- Scalp Detoxification: The clay draws out toxins, impurities, and excess oils from the scalp, resulting in a cleaner and healthier scalp environment.
- Natural Hair Cleanser: Its absorbent nature makes it an effective alternative to traditional shampoos, especially for those with oily scalps.
- Volume Boost: By removing excess oils and buildup, the clay can add a natural lift to the hair roots, providing more volume.
Fuller's Earth Clay is a multi-functional ingredient that offers natural and effective solutions for various skin and hair concerns. Its versatile nature ensures it remains a cherished component in many beauty and personal care formulations.
What are the benefits of Fuller's Earth Clay in Soap
Soap-making has evolved over the years, incorporating various natural ingredients that enhance the soap's attributes and provide additional benefits. One such esteemed ingredient is Fuller's Earth Clay, a naturally occurring sedimentary clay composed mainly of alumina, silica, iron oxides, and water in variable amounts. Here's why Fuller's Earth Clay has become a treasured addition in the art of soap-making:
1. Natural Colorant
Fuller's Earth Clay offers a beautiful, earthy hue to soaps. By incorporating this clay, soap makers can achieve a creamy beige or muted taupe color, providing a natural and rustic aesthetic appeal without the need for synthetic dyes or colorants.
2. Gentle Exfoliation
One of the noticeable benefits of Fuller's Earth in soap is its gentle exfoliating property. The minute particles in the clay act as a natural scrub, helping to slough off dead skin cells when the soap is used. This results in a smoother and more revitalized skin texture after each wash.
3. Deep Cleansing Properties
Fuller's Earth is renowned for its incredible absorption capacity. When used in soaps, it effectively pulls out dirt, grease, and impurities from the skin's pores. This ensures a deeper cleanse, making it especially beneficial for those with oily or acne-prone skin.
Given its absorbent nature, Fuller's Earth Clay in soap can help regulate sebum production on the skin. This means that while it efficiently removes excess oil, it doesn't leave the skin feeling overly dry or stripped of its natural oils, ensuring a balanced and nourished complexion.
5. Natural Softening Agent
Fuller's Earth Clay has a softening effect on the skin. Soaps containing this ingredient often leave the skin feeling soft and supple post-wash, reducing the need for heavy moisturizers or creams afterward.
6. Improved Lather
When incorporated into soap formulations, Fuller's Earth Clay can enhance the lather quality. This results in a creamier and more luxurious feel during application, elevating the overall bathing experience.
Fuller's Earth Clay, with its multifaceted benefits, is a valuable addition to the soap-making process. Its ability to cleanse, exfoliate, and nourish the skin, coupled with its aesthetic appeal, makes it a sought-after ingredient for artisanal and commercial soap producers alike. By harnessing the natural prowess of this clay, one can craft soaps that are not only pleasing to the eye but also enriching for the skin.
Difference Between Fuller's Earth and Bentonite Clay
Both Fuller's Earth and Bentonite Clay have been recognized and cherished for their therapeutic and beauty-enhancing properties for centuries. However, while they share some similarities, they are distinct clays with unique compositions and benefits.
Origin and Composition
Fuller's Earth: Often referred to as Multani Mitti, Fuller's Earth is primarily made up of hydrous aluminum silicates. It is formed from the decomposition of volcanic ash. The clay has a creamy or tan appearance and is known for its excellent oil-absorbing properties.
Bentonite Clay: This clay is derived from the weathering of volcanic ash in the presence of water. Bentonite contains a mixture of montmorillonite and other minerals. Its color can range from light grey to greenish or even brown, depending on its source and the specific minerals present. The primary component of Bentonite Clay is smectite, which has a unique ability to swell when mixed with water.
Benefits and Uses
- Popularly used as a deep cleanser to remove impurities from the skin.
- Regulates oil production, making it a favorite for oily and acne-prone skin.
- Enhances complexion by reducing the appearance of blemishes and scars.
- Can also be used as a mild shampoo alternative for oily scalps.
- Highly absorbent and can draw out toxins from the skin and body.
- When used in a face mask, it can help heal and reduce the appearance of scars and blemishes.
- Has a calming effect on skin irritations and can be used in baths for a detoxifying experience.
- Popular in hair care for its deep cleansing abilities, removing product buildup and impurities.
Texture and Feel
Fuller's Earth: Typically has a smoother texture, making it gentle enough for most skin types. It provides a cooling sensation when applied to the skin, which can be particularly refreshing during the hot months or after sun exposure.
Bentonite Clay: Tends to have a creamier and more buttery consistency, especially when mixed with water. Due to its high absorption capabilities, it might be slightly drying for some skin types, so it's essential to moisturize after use.
While both Fuller's Earth and Bentonite Clay offer a range of benefits for skin and hair care, they differ in origin, composition, and specific uses. The choice between the two largely depends on the desired outcome and individual preferences.
Who is Soapgoods?
We are proud to present a diverse and extensive selection of soap making supplies including soap molds as well as melt and pour soap bases. Are you looking for something unique, something hard to find? Wondering Where to buy Witch Hazel Distillate - Alcohol Free? We are a fantastic source!
We carry it all and many other fantastic but hard to find items at great wholesale prices, we are the one-stop-shop, you can find everything you need here, even bulk Xanthan Gum Right here at Soapgoods
We know you have choices, that's why we work harder, providing better quality, faster shipping and a wide selection of items in practical sizes for any application. When you need to make a purchase and need it delivered quickly, look to us to provide you the service you need. We even have Wholesale Yogurt Powder, in small and large builds sizes, either way, you can get our best direct to consumer pricing. Plus we ship it out the next business days. and will ship the next business day.
Where else can you do all your shopping in one place? When you need to make a purchase and get it delivered quickly. Buy Zinc Oxide Powder? Right here
When you are looking for quality personal care products, cosmetics and soap making supplies, be sure to visit our online store for Acacia Gum Enjoy our premium quality ingredients and super fast shipping times.
Read our Real Reviews from Google and Bizrate
100% Real Reviews (we cannot edit, create or delete reviews) From Google, Click here -> Real SoapGoods Reviews
See more Real Reviews (we cannot edit, create or delete reviews) from Third Party Watchdog Bizrate Real SoapGoods Reviews (Click Here and Scroll Down)
Read hundreds of real testimonials from over a decade of service. SoapGoods Testimonials.
How Fast Can I get it?
We Guarantee Your order ships out the same or next business day! This means in the South East you will have your order in 1 to 3 business days, in the North East normally 3 to 4 days and in the West normally 4 to 5 days. For full details on shipping and processing times please see our expected delivery times.
These times are based on business days, not including weekends or holidays.
FedEx Delivery Map
USPS Delivery Map
Typical Delivery Times to Major US Cities
|Major Cities||Total Business Days +1 / -1|
|Alabama (AL) - Montgomery, Birmingham||1|
|Alaska (AK) - Juneau, Anchorage||7|
|Arizona (AZ) - Phoenix, Tucson||4|
|Arkansas (AR) - Little Rock, Fayetteville||2|
|California (CA) - Sacramento, Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, Sacramento, San Jose||4|
|Colorado (CO) - Denver, Colorado Springs||3|
|Connecticut (CT) - Hartford, New Haven||2|
|Delaware (DE) - Dover, Wilmington, Newark||2|
|Florida (FL) - Tallahassee, Orlando, Miami, Jacksonville, Tampa, Destin||2|
|Georgia (GA) - Atlanta, Savannah, Augusta, Athens||1|
|Hawaii (HI) - Honolulu, Kailua||7|
|Idaho (ID) - Boise, Coeur d'Alene||4|
|Illinois (IL) - Springfield, Chicago, Peoria, Rockford||2|
|Indiana (IN) - Indianapolis, Fort Wayne||2|
|Iowa (IA) - Des Moines, Cedar Rapids||2|
|Kansas (KS) - Topeka, Wichita, Kansas City||2|
|Kentucky (KY) - Frankfort, Louisville, Lexington||2|
|Louisiana (LA) - Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Lafayette||2|
|Maine (ME) - Augusta, Portland, Bangor||3|
|Maryland (MD) - Annapolis, Baltimore||2|
|Massachusetts (MA) - Boston, Cambridge, Worcester||2|
|Michigan (MI) - Lansing, Detroit, Grand Rapids||2|
|Minnesota (MN) - St. Paul, Minneapolis, Duluth||3|
|Mississippi (MS) - Jackson, Biloxi, Hattiesburg||1|
|Missouri (MO) - Jefferson City, St Louis, Kansas City||2|
|Montana (MT) - Helena, Billings||4|
|Nebraska (NE) - Lincoln, Omaha||2|
|Nevada (NV) - Carson City, Las Vegas, Reno||4|
|New Hampshire (NH) - Concord, Manchester, Portsmouth||2|
|New Jersey (NJ) - Trenton, Newark, Jersey City||2|
|New Mexico (NM) - Santa Fe, Alburquerque||3|
|New York (NY) - Albany, New York, Rochester, Buffalo, Albany, Syracuse, Niagara Falls, Ithaca||3|
|North Carolina (NC) - Raleigh, Charlotte||2|
|North Dakota (ND) - Bismarck, Fargo||3|
|Ohio (OH) - Columbus, Cleveland, Cincinnati||2|
|Oklahoma (OK) - Oklahoma City, Fairview,||2|
|Oregon (OR) - Salem, Portland, Eugene||5|
|Pennsylvania (PA) - Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh||2|
|Rhode Island (RI) - Providence, Newport||2|
|South Carolina (SC) - Columbia, Charleston||1|
|South Dakota (SD) - Pierre, Sioux Falls, Rapid City||3|
|Tennessee (TN) - Nashville, Memphis||2|
|Texas (TX) - Austin, Houston, Dallas||3|
|Utah (UT) - Salt Lake City, St. George||3|
|Vermont (VT) - Montpelier, Burlington||3|
|Virginia (VA) - Richmond, Virginia Beach||2|
|Washington (WA) - Olympia, Seattle, Vancouver, Spokane||5|
|West Virginia (WV) - Charleston, Morgantown||2|
|Wisconsin (WI) - Madison, Milwaukee||2|
|Wyoming (WY) - Cheyenne, Jackson||4|
Disclaimer: All product descriptions and specifications provided in this description are intended as a guide only and are subject to change without notice. While we strive for accuracy, discrepancies or errors may be present. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.