About Soy Butter
- Synonyms: Soy Butter, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil Butter
- INCI Name: Hydrogenated Soybean Oil
- CAS: 8016-70-4
- Einecs: 232-410-2
- Solubility: Vegetable oil, Insoluble in water
- Viscosity: Soft solid butter at room temperature that melts on contact at skin temperature (if held above that point for extended period)
- Melting Point ° F: Melting point is about 98° F
- Saponification Value (SAP): 175 - 200 Typically
- Saponification Value (NAOH/oz): n/a Typically
- Saponification Value (KOH/oz): n/a Typically
- Storage: Cool, dark dry area, air tight container preferred
- Appearance: Light white butter
- Ingredients: Hydrogenated Soybean oil
- Odor: Low to no scent
- Natural: From natural sources
- Extraction: Soy oil is extracted from Soybean
- Packaging: 1 lb and 3 lb is a single plastic resealable bag. 15 lb is 5 x 3 lb resealable bags. 55 lb is a single plastic Pail.
- Shelf life: Recommended to use within 18 months.
Usage / Benefits
- Industries: Cosmetics & Personal Care, Soap Making, Spa and Wellness, Home DIY,
- Applications: Lotions, creams, lip balms, hair conditioners, face masks, makeup products, moisturizing agent in both bar and liquid soaps, formulations for skin-healing ointments and creams, massage butters, treatments for sunburn or irritated skin, homemade skin and hair care products, balms, salves.
- Percentages: In Cold Process Soap, up to 15%, Direct Skin use 0% to 100%, melt and pour soap 1 to 2 tbs per lb of soap. Creams and lotions normally contain a minium of at least 5% in order provide positive effects.
- Benefits: Moisturizing properties, soothing effects on irritated skin, promotes skin healing, anti-inflammatory properties, antioxidant-rich, provides relief from sunburn, supports skin elasticity, easily absorbed by the skin, non-greasy texture, suitable for all skin types, aids in reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Products Uses: Moisturizing creams and lotions, Hand and body balms, Facial masks and serums, Lip balms and lipsticks, Hair conditioners and masks, Hair styling products (like pomades or creams), Handmade soaps, Shaving creams, Sunscreen lotions, Bath bombs, Massage creams and Oils, Nail and cuticle creams, After-sun products, Baby care products (like lotions or diaper rash creams), Eye creams, Foot creams and lotions, Treatment salves and ointments, Stretch mark creams, Exfoliating scrubs (where it provides moisturizing properties), Soap bars, Pet care products, particularly fur and skin treatments.
- Safety: Soy Butter is generally safe, however keep out of eyes and do not eat.
- Cautions: Keep away from pets and children who may attempt to eat.
- External Use Only: Even if food grade, we do not provide items for ingestion, all of our items are for external use only.
Soapgoods Soy Butter Refined presents a smooth, buttery consistency, renowned for its superior spreadability on the skin. This makes it an outstanding choice for massage butters or as a base in therapeutic products. Aging skin often faces a decline in the intercellular bond, leading to increased dryness and vulnerability. This diminished bond results in a skin barrier that's more porous, thus becoming a less effective shield against moisture loss and damaging free radicals. To address this, the skin craves an influx of lipids, substances resembling oils, to both hydrate and safeguard the skin cells. Soapgoods Soy Butter Refined steps in to rejuvenate the lipid barrier, promoting retention of the skin's natural moisture and alleviating symptoms of dry, irritated, and compromised skin.
This refined soy butter enhances the moisture quotient of creams, lotions, and bar soaps. It seamlessly integrates into various cosmetic and toiletry formulations, proving beneficial in bar soaps, massage treatments, and sun protection products. Furthermore, for haircare solutions, Soapgoods Soy Butter Refined offers the advantage of imparting shine and conditioning properties, sidestepping the need for petroleum-derived additives.
Features & Benefits:
- Bodying Agent
- Restorative Dermal Barrier Function
- Dermal Moisture Equilibrium
- Ecocert Certified
- Achieves 80% VOC reduction in comparison to Texanol, aligning with international no-VOC regulations
- Film Forming Attribute
- Hair Conditioning Agent
- Moisturizing Agent
- Natural Product Essence
- Sourced from Plants / Vegetal-Based
- Agent for Skin Hydration
- Skin Protectant
- Substantivity Aid
- Non-Aqueous Thickener
Whether it's for skin that yearns for hydration or hair that desires a natural shine, Soapgoods Soy Butter Refined is the discerning choice for those who prioritize quality and natural efficacy in their personal care products.
Soy Butter Butter Uses
Soy Butter, derived from soybeans, is a versatile ingredient lauded for its numerous applications in skincare and haircare. It is especially beneficial for nourishing and revitalizing dry, damaged skin and hair. Here are some of the prominent uses of Soy Butter:
- Moisturizers: Soy Butter's emollient properties make it an excellent ingredient for lotions, creams, and body butters to hydrate and soften the skin.
- Lip Balms: Due to its moisturizing attributes, it's a popular choice in lip care products, offering hydration and protection to chapped lips.
- Massage Butters: Its smooth texture and spreadability make it an ideal choice for massage butters, providing a luxurious feel on the skin.
- Bar Soaps: Soy Butter can be incorporated into soap formulations, adding a creamy lather and skin-nourishing benefits.
- Conditioners: The butter can be infused in conditioners to add shine, softness, and manageability to the hair.
- Hair Masks: Soy Butter-based hair masks deeply nourish and repair damaged hair, giving it a revitalized appearance.
- Styling Products: It aids in reducing frizz and adds a natural shine to the hair when used in styling products.
3. Specialized Products
- After-Sun Products: Its hydrating properties help soothe and repair skin that's been exposed to sun, making it a key ingredient in after-sun lotions or creams.
- Healing Balms: The restorative properties of Soy Butter can be harnessed in balms meant for repairing cracked heels, elbows, and other dry patches of skin.
Incorporating Soy Butter into your personal care routine can lead to healthier, more radiant skin and hair. Its natural composition and myriad of benefits make it a sought-after ingredient in many cosmetic formulations.
Soy Butter Benefits
Soy Butter has a myriad of benefits for both skin and hair, making it a popular ingredient in various beauty and cosmetic products. Here are some notable benefits:
Rich in vitamin E and lecithin, Soy Butter aids in replenishing the lipid barrier of the skin, providing deep moisturization and improving skin hydration. Its smooth and creamy texture allows for easy application and quick absorption.
Its antioxidant-rich composition, especially the high content of vitamin E, aids in neutralizing harmful free radicals and preventing premature aging. Regular use of Soy Butter can help reduce wrinkles, fine lines, and other signs of aging.
Improves Skin Elasticity
Soy Butter has been known to improve skin elasticity, promoting firmer and smoother skin. This can also contribute to the reduction in the appearance of stretch marks.
Helps Soothe Skin Conditions
Due to its rich, nourishing nature, Soy Butter can help soothe several skin conditions, including eczema and psoriasis. It also has anti-inflammatory properties, which can aid in reducing skin redness and inflammation.
Soy Butter can also provide conditioning benefits for hair. It can help moisturize the scalp, reducing dryness and flakiness, and promote softer, smoother hair. It can also add a healthy shine to your hair.
Soy Butter is a natural, plant-derived product, making it an environmentally friendly choice compared to certain synthetic ingredients.
Hydrating Properties of Soy Butter
Yes, Soy Butter is renowned for its skin-hydrating properties. Extracted from soybeans, this butter offers a rich and creamy texture that deeply moisturizes the skin. Here's how Soy Butter aids in skin hydration:
1. Natural Emollient
Soy Butter acts as a natural emollient, helping to soften and smooth the skin. Its texture allows it to spread easily on the skin, sealing in moisture and preventing dryness.
2. Lipid Barrier Restoration
One of the primary functions of Soy Butter is its ability to restore the lipid barrier of the skin. A strong lipid barrier is crucial for retaining the skin's intrinsic moisture and preventing dehydration.
3. Rich in Essential Fatty Acids
The butter is rich in essential fatty acids which play a pivotal role in maintaining skin hydration. These fatty acids nourish the skin and keep it moisturized, ensuring a soft and supple appearance.
4. Reduction in Trans-Epidermal Water Loss (TEWL)
By forming a protective layer on the skin's surface, Soy Butter can reduce trans-epidermal water loss, which is the evaporation of water from the skin into the environment. This helps in retaining skin moisture for longer durations.
In essence, incorporating Soy Butter into skincare routines or products can significantly improve skin hydration, making it an excellent choice for those with dry or dehydrated skin.
Can Soy Butter help in reducing the appearance of stretch marks?
Yes, Soy Butter can potentially aid in reducing the appearance of stretch marks. It is rich in Vitamin E, a nutrient known for its skin-healing properties, and essential fatty acids that can help improve skin elasticity. While it may not completely eliminate stretch marks, regular use of Soy Butter can help minimize their appearance over time by moisturizing and nourishing the skin, thus promoting healthier and more resilient skin.
Benefits of Soy Butter in Hair Masks
Absolutely! Soy Butter offers numerous benefits when incorporated into hair masks. Rich in essential nutrients and fatty acids, it deeply nourishes and rejuvenates hair strands. Here are some of the key advantages of using Soy Butter in hair masks:
1. Deep Conditioning
Soy Butter acts as an intensive conditioner, penetrating deep into the hair shaft to moisturize and repair from within. It can help revive dry, brittle hair, making it feel soft and more manageable.
2. Enhances Shine
The butter imparts a natural shine to the hair, leaving it looking lustrous and healthy. Its moisturizing properties lock in the hair's natural oils, giving it a vibrant shine.
3. Reduces Breakage
The strengthening properties of Soy Butter can help reduce hair breakage. By reinforcing the hair's natural structure and improving its elasticity, the butter minimizes the chances of hair breakage and split ends.
4. Scalp Nourishment
Beyond the hair strands, Soy Butter also provides nourishment to the scalp. Its hydrating properties can help combat dryness and flakiness, promoting a healthier scalp environment.
5. Enhances Hair Texture
Regular use of hair masks with Soy Butter can improve the overall texture of the hair. The hair becomes smoother, more manageable, and less prone to tangling.
Given these benefits, incorporating Soy Butter into your hair care regimen, especially within hair masks, can provide enhanced hydration, strength, and shine to your locks.
Does Soy Butter contribute to skin's natural glow?
Absolutely, Soy Butter does contribute to the skin's natural glow. It is packed with isoflavones, a type of antioxidant that can help to protect your skin against damage from environmental stressors. Additionally, Soy Butter is known for its deep moisturizing properties, which help to nourish the skin, keeping it hydrated and imparting a healthy, natural glow.
How does Soy Butter interact with sensitive skin?
Soy Butter is generally gentle and well-tolerated by most skin types, including sensitive skin. It is rich in Vitamin E and lecithin which can help to soothe irritated skin. However, like with any new product, it's always a good idea to conduct a patch test first to ensure there is no adverse reaction. Remember, what works for one person may not work for everyone due to individual skin differences.
Using Soy Butter as a Lip Balm
Yes, Soy Butter is an excellent ingredient for lip balms. Its natural moisturizing and nourishing properties make it ideal for providing relief to chapped and dry lips. Here's why Soy Butter works well in lip balms:
1. Deep Moisturization
Soy Butter acts as a powerful emollient, delivering deep hydration to the delicate skin of the lips. This ensures lips stay soft and moisturized for longer durations.
2. Protection Against Environmental Stressors
By forming a protective barrier on the lips, Soy Butter can shield them from environmental stressors like wind, cold air, and harmful UV rays, reducing the chances of them becoming dry or chapped.
3. Rich in Essential Fatty Acids
Being rich in essential fatty acids, Soy Butter provides essential nourishment to the lips, promoting their overall health and vitality.
4. Smooth Application
The creamy consistency of Soy Butter ensures a smooth application, making it an ideal ingredient for lip balms. It glides effortlessly on the lips, providing an instant soothing effect.
Considering these benefits, it's clear that Soy Butter can be an effective and natural ingredient in lip balms. Whether used on its own or combined with other nourishing ingredients, it can provide lips with the care they deserve.
Can Soy Butter be used to soothe skin conditions like eczema or psoriasis?
Soy Butter has properties that may help to soothe and moisturize dry, flaky skin, making it potentially beneficial for conditions like eczema or psoriasis. It's rich in Vitamin E, which has anti-inflammatory properties and can support the skin's healing process. However, it's always advised to consult with a healthcare provider or dermatologist before using new products if you have a diagnosed skin condition.
Anti-Aging Properties of Soy Butter
Soy Butter has gained attention in the skincare industry for its potential anti-aging benefits. Derived from soybeans, it contains various compounds and nutrients that may help combat signs of aging. Here are some reasons why Soy Butter is considered beneficial in anti-aging skincare:
1. Rich in Antioxidants
Soy Butter contains antioxidants, particularly vitamin E and isoflavones. These compounds help neutralize free radicals that can cause oxidative stress and accelerate the aging process of the skin.
2. Collagen Production
Some studies suggest that soy-derived compounds can promote collagen production in the skin. Collagen is vital for maintaining skin's elasticity and firmness, which naturally decreases with age.
3. Improved Skin Hydration
Hydrated skin appears plumper and healthier, minimizing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Soy Butter acts as an effective moisturizer, ensuring skin retains its moisture, contributing to a youthful appearance.
4. Skin Barrier Restoration
By reinforcing the skin's lipid barrier, Soy Butter can help prevent moisture loss and protect the skin from environmental stressors, further reducing signs of aging.
While Soy Butter provides several benefits that can aid in reducing the appearance of aging, it's essential to note that it should be a part of a broader skincare routine for best results. Combining Soy Butter with other anti-aging ingredients and following a comprehensive skincare regimen can lead to optimal outcomes.
Who is Soapgoods?
We are proud to present a diverse and extensive selection of soap making supplies including soap molds as well as melt and pour soap bases. Are you looking for something unique, something hard to find? Wondering Where to buy Witch Hazel Distillate - Alcohol Free? We are a fantastic source!
We carry it all and many other fantastic but hard to find items at great wholesale prices, we are the one-stop-shop, you can find everything you need here, even bulk Xanthan Gum Right here at Soapgoods
We know you have choices, that's why we work harder, providing better quality, faster shipping and a wide selection of items in practical sizes for any application. When you need to make a purchase and need it delivered quickly, look to us to provide you the service you need. We even have Wholesale Yogurt Powder, in small and large builds sizes, either way, you can get our best direct to consumer pricing. Plus we ship it out the next business days. and will ship the next business day.
Where else can you do all your shopping in one place? When you need to make a purchase and get it delivered quickly. Buy Zinc Oxide Powder? Right here
When you are looking for quality personal care products, cosmetics and soap making supplies, be sure to visit our online store for Acacia Gum Enjoy our premium quality ingredients and super fast shipping times.
Read our Real Reviews from Google and Bizrate
100% Real Reviews (we cannot edit, create or delete reviews) From Google, Click here -> Real SoapGoods Reviews
See more Real Reviews (we cannot edit, create or delete reviews) from Third Party Watchdog Bizrate Real SoapGoods Reviews (Click Here and Scroll Down)
Read hundreds of real testimonials from over a decade of service. SoapGoods Testimonials.
How Fast Can I get it?
We Guarantee Your order ships out the same or next business day! This means in the South East you will have your order in 1 to 3 business days, in the North East normally 3 to 4 days and in the West normally 4 to 5 days. For full details on shipping and processing times please see our expected delivery times.
These times are based on business days, not including weekends or holidays.
FedEx Delivery Map
USPS Delivery Map
Typical Delivery Times to Major US Cities
|Major Cities||Total Business Days +1 / -1|
|Alabama (AL) - Montgomery, Birmingham||1|
|Alaska (AK) - Juneau, Anchorage||7|
|Arizona (AZ) - Phoenix, Tucson||4|
|Arkansas (AR) - Little Rock, Fayetteville||2|
|California (CA) - Sacramento, Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, Sacramento, San Jose||4|
|Colorado (CO) - Denver, Colorado Springs||3|
|Connecticut (CT) - Hartford, New Haven||2|
|Delaware (DE) - Dover, Wilmington, Newark||2|
|Florida (FL) - Tallahassee, Orlando, Miami, Jacksonville, Tampa, Destin||2|
|Georgia (GA) - Atlanta, Savannah, Augusta, Athens||1|
|Hawaii (HI) - Honolulu, Kailua||7|
|Idaho (ID) - Boise, Coeur d'Alene||4|
|Illinois (IL) - Springfield, Chicago, Peoria, Rockford||2|
|Indiana (IN) - Indianapolis, Fort Wayne||2|
|Iowa (IA) - Des Moines, Cedar Rapids||2|
|Kansas (KS) - Topeka, Wichita, Kansas City||2|
|Kentucky (KY) - Frankfort, Louisville, Lexington||2|
|Louisiana (LA) - Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Lafayette||2|
|Maine (ME) - Augusta, Portland, Bangor||3|
|Maryland (MD) - Annapolis, Baltimore||2|
|Massachusetts (MA) - Boston, Cambridge, Worcester||2|
|Michigan (MI) - Lansing, Detroit, Grand Rapids||2|
|Minnesota (MN) - St. Paul, Minneapolis, Duluth||3|
|Mississippi (MS) - Jackson, Biloxi, Hattiesburg||1|
|Missouri (MO) - Jefferson City, St Louis, Kansas City||2|
|Montana (MT) - Helena, Billings||4|
|Nebraska (NE) - Lincoln, Omaha||2|
|Nevada (NV) - Carson City, Las Vegas, Reno||4|
|New Hampshire (NH) - Concord, Manchester, Portsmouth||2|
|New Jersey (NJ) - Trenton, Newark, Jersey City||2|
|New Mexico (NM) - Santa Fe, Alburquerque||3|
|New York (NY) - Albany, New York, Rochester, Buffalo, Albany, Syracuse, Niagara Falls, Ithaca||3|
|North Carolina (NC) - Raleigh, Charlotte||2|
|North Dakota (ND) - Bismarck, Fargo||3|
|Ohio (OH) - Columbus, Cleveland, Cincinnati||2|
|Oklahoma (OK) - Oklahoma City, Fairview,||2|
|Oregon (OR) - Salem, Portland, Eugene||5|
|Pennsylvania (PA) - Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh||2|
|Rhode Island (RI) - Providence, Newport||2|
|South Carolina (SC) - Columbia, Charleston||1|
|South Dakota (SD) - Pierre, Sioux Falls, Rapid City||3|
|Tennessee (TN) - Nashville, Memphis||2|
|Texas (TX) - Austin, Houston, Dallas||3|
|Utah (UT) - Salt Lake City, St. George||3|
|Vermont (VT) - Montpelier, Burlington||3|
|Virginia (VA) - Richmond, Virginia Beach||2|
|Washington (WA) - Olympia, Seattle, Vancouver, Spokane||5|
|West Virginia (WV) - Charleston, Morgantown||2|
|Wisconsin (WI) - Madison, Milwaukee||2|
|Wyoming (WY) - Cheyenne, Jackson||4|