About Lavender Butter
- Synonyms: Lavender Butter
- INCI Name: Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract
- CAS: 90320-37-9, 68334-28-1, 90063-37-9
- Einecs: 291-063-5, 269-820-6, 289-995-2
- Solubility: Vegetable oil, Insoluble in water
- Viscosity: Soft solid butter at room temperature that melts on contact at skin temperature (if held above that point for extended period)
- Melting Point ° F: Melting point is about 112° F
- Saponification Value (SAP): 175 - 200 Typically
- Saponification Value (NAOH/oz): n/a Typically
- Saponification Value (KOH/oz): n/a Typically
- Storage: Cool, dark dry area, air tight container preferred
- Appearance: Light yellow, greenish, butter
- Ingredients: Lavender Oil, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Almond Oil
- Odor: Low to medium lavender flower scent
- Natural: From natural sources
- Extraction: Oil is extracted from Lavender flower
- Packaging: 1 lb and 3 lb is a single plastic resealable bag. 15 lb is 5 x 3 lb resealable bags. 55 lb is a single plastic Pail.
- Shelf life: Recommended to use within 18 months.
Usage / Benefits
- Industries: Cosmetics & Personal Care, Soap Making, Spa and Wellness, Home DIY,
- Applications: Lotions, creams, lip balms, hair conditioners, face masks, makeup products, moisturizing agent in both bar and liquid soaps, formulations for skin-healing ointments and creams, massage butters, treatments for sunburn or irritated skin, homemade skin and hair care products, balms, salves.
- Percentages: In Cold Process Soap, up to 15%, Direct Skin use 0% to 100%, melt and pour soap 1 to 2 tbs per lb of soap. Creams and lotions normally contain a minimum of at least 5% in order provide positive effects.
- Benefits: Moisturizing properties, soothing effects on irritated skin, promotes skin healing, anti-inflammatory properties, antioxidant-rich, provides relief from sunburn, supports skin elasticity, easily absorbed by the skin, non-greasy texture, suitable for all skin types, aids in reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Products Uses: Moisturizing creams and lotions, Hand and body balms, Facial masks and serums, Lip balms and lipsticks, Hair conditioners and masks, Hair styling products (like pomades or creams), Handmade soaps, Shaving creams, Sunscreen lotions, Bath bombs, Massage creams and Oils, Nail and cuticle creams, After-sun products, Baby care products (like lotions or diaper rash creams), Eye creams, Foot creams and lotions, Treatment salves and ointments, Stretch mark creams, Exfoliating scrubs (where it provides moisturizing properties), Soap bars, Pet care products, particularly fur and skin treatments.
- Safety: Lavender Butter is generally safe, however keep out of eyes and do not eat.
- Cautions: Keep away from pets and children who may attempt to eat.
- External Use Only: Even if food grade, we do not provide items for ingestion, all of our items are for external use only.
Offering an aromatic experience that is sure to soothe your body, quiet your mind, and tranquilize your soul, SoapGoods Lavender Butter promises a full aromatherapy encounter that you would typically associate with a spa.
Our Lavender Butter blends the extract of whole lavender flowers with sweet almond oil and hydrogenated vegetable oil, developed solely for cosmetic use. The result is a smooth, velvety butter that feels luxurious at room temperature and fills your surroundings with the scent of wild lavender fields in the Parisian countryside.
Utilize the calming and nearly sedative effects of lavender in this easy-to-use butter base. It's sure to enhance the skin feel of any emulsion or anhydrous formulation. It's completely oil miscible and free from preservatives or coloring agents. Allow our Lavender Butter to help your creams, lotions, body and lip balms, and bar soaps calm your nerves.
Recommended usage ranges between 3 and 100%. This product features several benefits: it's biodegradable, acts as a bodying agent and emollient, it's fragrant, it serves as a moisturizing agent, and it's plant-derived. Make your skincare routine a tranquil experience with SoapGoods Lavender Butter.
Lavender Butter Uses
Lavender Butter, with its calming properties and luxurious texture, has a myriad of uses in both skincare and culinary fields. In skincare, its powerful hydrating abilities make it an ideal ingredient in a variety of products.
As a primary ingredient in body creams and lotions, Lavender Butter deeply moisturizes the skin, leaving it soft and supple. The rich, buttery texture melts into your skin, providing long-lasting hydration. Furthermore, its calming aroma adds an aromatherapy aspect to your skincare routine, promoting relaxation and reducing stress.
Its nourishing properties also make it an excellent choice for lip balms. Not only does it help keep lips moisturized, but the subtle lavender scent can be a delightful sensory experience. Lavender Butter can also be used in bar soaps, providing an aromatic and moisturizing cleanse that calms your senses.
Beyond skincare, Lavender Butter can be used in the kitchen. It adds a delicate, floral flavor to dishes and baked goods. From lavender-infused cookies and cakes to a butter spread for artisanal breads, Lavender Butter introduces a unique flavor profile to your culinary creations.
Finally, Lavender Butter can be used in haircare products. Its moisturizing properties can help soothe dry and itchy scalp, while also making hair soft, shiny, and manageable. The lavender aroma helps to reduce stress and promote sleep, making it a great addition to a nighttime haircare routine.
Lavender Butter Benefits
Lavender Butter is highly prized for its array of benefits. In terms of skincare, it offers deep moisturizing properties. This rich, luxurious butter penetrates the skin to hydrate and nourish, helping to combat dryness and keep your skin feeling soft and smooth. For those with sensitive skin, Lavender Butter can be particularly soothing, thanks to its gentle nature.
The standout feature of Lavender Butter is its calming, soothing aroma. Known for its relaxation properties, the scent of lavender can help reduce anxiety and promote better sleep. Whether applied as part of your evening skincare routine, or used in a diffuser, it brings about a sense of peace and tranquility, helping to ease the stresses of the day.
For those interested in natural beauty products, Lavender Butter is a winner. It's biodegradable and plant-derived, making it a sustainable choice that is kind to the environment. Plus, it’s free from preservatives and coloring agents, which can be beneficial for those seeking to avoid such additives in their skincare regimen.
Finally, it’s not just your skin that can benefit from Lavender Butter. When used in haircare, it can help to moisturize and nourish the scalp, promoting healthier hair. It can soothe dry, itchy scalps, and the relaxing lavender aroma provides an additional benefit when used in nighttime haircare routines. From skincare to haircare, Lavender Butter offers a variety of benefits to enhance your beauty regimen.
How to Store Lavender Butter
Lavender butter, similar to other cosmetic butters, requires proper storage to maintain its quality and effectiveness. Follow these guidelines for optimal storage:
- Keep it Cool and Dry: Lavender butter should be stored in a cool, dry place. Avoid areas of high humidity or extreme temperatures as they can alter the texture and effectiveness of the product. The butter should be kept at room temperature, away from direct sunlight.
- Use an Airtight Container: Store lavender butter in an airtight container to prevent oxidation and contamination from bacteria or other substances.
- Avoid Water Contamination: Always make sure your hands or tools are clean and dry before handling the butter. Water can introduce bacteria and cause the butter to spoil.
- Refrigeration for Longer Shelf Life: For extended storage, lavender butter can be kept in the refrigerator. This slows down the oxidation process and extends the shelf life. However, bring the butter to room temperature before use, especially if you need to measure it for a recipe.
Always inspect the product for any changes in color, texture, or smell, as these could indicate spoilage. Generally, it's recommended to use the product within 1-2 years, or according to the manufacturer's guidelines.
Is Lavender Butter Suitable For All Skin Types?
Lavender butter, a blend of carrier butter and lavender essential oil, is generally considered beneficial for most skin types due to its moisturizing and calming properties. However, like all skincare products, its suitability can vary based on individual skin needs and sensitivities.
Benefits for Different Skin Types
- Normal Skin: Can enjoy the moisturizing and aromatic benefits.
- Dry Skin: May benefit from its hydrating properties.
- Oily Skin: Should use sparingly as some carrier butters can be heavy.
- Sensitive Skin: Should always conduct a patch test first due to potential allergens.
- Combination Skin: Can be used on drier areas, avoiding overly oily zones.
It's always wise to conduct a patch test before using a new product, especially for those with sensitive or allergy-prone skin. If any adverse reactions occur, such as redness, itching, or swelling, discontinue use.
Lavender Butter and Skin Health
Lavender butter, rich in essential fatty acids, may assist in hydrating and nourishing the skin, thus promoting elasticity and natural repair processes. The lavender in the butter is traditionally used for its potential skin regenerating properties and for its calming, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties. However, scientific evidence specifically supporting the effectiveness of lavender for scars and stretch marks is limited.
Improving Skin Appearance
For scars and stretch marks, maintaining skin hydration and nourishment is key. Therefore, lavender butter could potentially assist in improving the skin's health and overall appearance. However, results can greatly vary depending on factors such as the age and severity of the scars or stretch marks, individual skin type, and the consistency of application.
A Note of Caution
It's important to remember that while natural products like lavender butter can support skin health, they are not a definitive solution for significant skin concerns such as deep scars or stretch marks. For such concerns, consulting with a dermatologist or a skincare professional is recommended to discuss more targeted treatment options.
Lavender Butter and Natural SPF
Lavender butter itself does not inherently contain a significant SPF (Sun Protection Factor). However, certain components of lavender butter may offer minimal sun-blocking properties:
Carrier Butters and SPF
The carrier butter used in the formulation of lavender butter, such as shea or cocoa butter, might have some minor SPF properties. For example, shea butter is sometimes noted to have an SPF as low as 3-6. However, this is not enough to provide adequate sun protection.
For effective sun protection, it's essential to use a dedicated sunscreen with a broad-spectrum SPF. Depending solely on lavender butter or any natural butter for sun protection is not advisable.
Who is Soapgoods?
We are proud to present a diverse and extensive selection of soap making supplies including soap molds as well as melt and pour soap bases. Are you looking for something unique, something hard to find? Wondering Where to buy Witch Hazel Distillate - Alcohol Free? We are a fantastic source!
We carry it all and many other fantastic but hard to find items at great wholesale prices, we are the one-stop-shop, you can find everything you need here, even bulk Xanthan Gum Right here at Soapgoods
We know you have choices, that's why we work harder, providing better quality, faster shipping and a wide selection of items in practical sizes for any application. When you need to make a purchase and need it delivered quickly, look to us to provide you the service you need. We even have Wholesale Yogurt Powder, in small and large builds sizes, either way, you can get our best direct to consumer pricing. Plus we ship it out the next business days. and will ship the next business day.
Where else can you do all your shopping in one place? When you need to make a purchase and get it delivered quickly. Buy Zinc Oxide Powder? Right here
When you are looking for quality personal care products, cosmetics and soap making supplies, be sure to visit our online store for Acacia Gum Enjoy our premium quality ingredients and super fast shipping times.
Read our Real Reviews from Google and Bizrate
100% Real Reviews (we cannot edit, create or delete reviews) From Google, Click here -> Real SoapGoods Reviews
See more Real Reviews (we cannot edit, create or delete reviews) from Third Party Watchdog Bizrate Real SoapGoods Reviews (Click Here and Scroll Down)
Read hundreds of real testimonials from over a decade of service. SoapGoods Testimonials.
How Fast Can I get it?
We Guarantee Your order ships out the same or next business day! This means in the South East you will have your order in 1 to 3 business days, in the North East normally 3 to 4 days and in the West normally 4 to 5 days. For full details on shipping and processing times please see our expected delivery times.
These times are based on business days, not including weekends or holidays.
FedEx Delivery Map
USPS Delivery Map
Typical Delivery Times to Major US Cities
|Major Cities||Total Business Days +1 / -1|
|Alabama (AL) - Montgomery, Birmingham||1|
|Alaska (AK) - Juneau, Anchorage||7|
|Arizona (AZ) - Phoenix, Tucson||4|
|Arkansas (AR) - Little Rock, Fayetteville||2|
|California (CA) - Sacramento, Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, Sacramento, San Jose||4|
|Colorado (CO) - Denver, Colorado Springs||3|
|Connecticut (CT) - Hartford, New Haven||2|
|Delaware (DE) - Dover, Wilmington, Newark||2|
|Florida (FL) - Tallahassee, Orlando, Miami, Jacksonville, Tampa, Destin||2|
|Georgia (GA) - Atlanta, Savannah, Augusta, Athens||1|
|Hawaii (HI) - Honolulu, Kailua||7|
|Idaho (ID) - Boise, Coeur d'Alene||4|
|Illinois (IL) - Springfield, Chicago, Peoria, Rockford||2|
|Indiana (IN) - Indianapolis, Fort Wayne||2|
|Iowa (IA) - Des Moines, Cedar Rapids||2|
|Kansas (KS) - Topeka, Wichita, Kansas City||2|
|Kentucky (KY) - Frankfort, Louisville, Lexington||2|
|Louisiana (LA) - Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Lafayette||2|
|Maine (ME) - Augusta, Portland, Bangor||3|
|Maryland (MD) - Annapolis, Baltimore||2|
|Massachusetts (MA) - Boston, Cambridge, Worcester||2|
|Michigan (MI) - Lansing, Detroit, Grand Rapids||2|
|Minnesota (MN) - St. Paul, Minneapolis, Duluth||3|
|Mississippi (MS) - Jackson, Biloxi, Hattiesburg||1|
|Missouri (MO) - Jefferson City, St Louis, Kansas City||2|
|Montana (MT) - Helena, Billings||4|
|Nebraska (NE) - Lincoln, Omaha||2|
|Nevada (NV) - Carson City, Las Vegas, Reno||4|
|New Hampshire (NH) - Concord, Manchester, Portsmouth||2|
|New Jersey (NJ) - Trenton, Newark, Jersey City||2|
|New Mexico (NM) - Santa Fe, Alburquerque||3|
|New York (NY) - Albany, New York, Rochester, Buffalo, Albany, Syracuse, Niagara Falls, Ithaca||3|
|North Carolina (NC) - Raleigh, Charlotte||2|
|North Dakota (ND) - Bismarck, Fargo||3|
|Ohio (OH) - Columbus, Cleveland, Cincinnati||2|
|Oklahoma (OK) - Oklahoma City, Fairview,||2|
|Oregon (OR) - Salem, Portland, Eugene||5|
|Pennsylvania (PA) - Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh||2|
|Rhode Island (RI) - Providence, Newport||2|
|South Carolina (SC) - Columbia, Charleston||1|
|South Dakota (SD) - Pierre, Sioux Falls, Rapid City||3|
|Tennessee (TN) - Nashville, Memphis||2|
|Texas (TX) - Austin, Houston, Dallas||3|
|Utah (UT) - Salt Lake City, St. George||3|
|Vermont (VT) - Montpelier, Burlington||3|
|Virginia (VA) - Richmond, Virginia Beach||2|
|Washington (WA) - Olympia, Seattle, Vancouver, Spokane||5|
|West Virginia (WV) - Charleston, Morgantown||2|
|Wisconsin (WI) - Madison, Milwaukee||2|
|Wyoming (WY) - Cheyenne, Jackson||4|