About Guar Gum
- Synonyms: Guaran, Cyamopsis Tetragonoloba (Guar) Gum
- INCI Name: Cyamopsis Tetragonoloba (Guar) Gum
- CAS: 9000-30-0
- Einecs: 232-536-0
- Viscosity: Solid
- Solublity: Guar Gum swells rapidly in cold water, forming a solution (colloidal dispersion)
- Storage: Cool, dark dry area, air tight container preferred
- Appearance: Off white to cream powder, free flowing
- Odor: Low to no scent
- Natural: Natural, ground endosperm of guar beans
- Packaging: .5 Lbs is a single bag, 3.5 Lb is a single bag, 14 lb is 4 x 3 lb bag. 50 lb is a box or bag, 500 lb is 10 x box or bag.
- Shelf life: Suggested retest date 1 year from purchase
Usage / Benefits
- Industries: Textile, Paper, Mining, Cosmetics and Personal Care, Pharmaceuticals, Animal Feed, Paints and Inks, Construction.
- Applications: Thickening agent in food products, Stabilizing agent in ice creams, Binding agent in meat processing, Emulsifier in sauces and dressings, Fiber supplementation, Oil drilling and fracking fluid additive, Textile printing thickener, Paper industry for improved sheet formation, Mining as a flocculating agent, Cosmetics and personal care products for viscosity control, Pharmaceutical industry for controlling drug release, Waste water treatment, Soil erosion control and stabilization
- Benefits: Improves texture and appearance in food products, Stabilizes emulsions and suspensions, Enhances viscosity and thickness in cosmetics, Acts as a binding agent in pharmaceuticals, Offers environmentally friendly solutions in mining and drilling, Aids in controlling soil erosion, Facilitates waste water treatment, Contributes to paper quality by improving sheet formation
- Products Uses: Lotions and creams (thickening agent), Shampoos and conditioners (increases viscosity), Tablet binding in pharmaceuticals, Oil well fracturing fluids (increases viscosity and carries proppant), Textile printing (thickener in dyes), Paper production (improves sheet formation and reduces porosity).
- Safety: Generally safe, however keep out of eyes and do not eat.
- Cautions: Not for ingestion, keep away from pets and children who may attempt to eat.
- External Use Only: Even if food grade, we do not provide items for ingestion, all of our items are for external use only.
Guar Gum, extracted from guar beans, has been a prominent ingredient in various industries. While commonly used in the food and pharmaceutical sectors, its applications in personal care, soap making, and cosmetic manufacturing have gained significant attention. This natural thickening, stabilizing, and emulsifying agent brings numerous benefits and functionalities to these fields.
Personal Care Products
Guar Gum plays a vital role in the formulation of personal care products. Its multifunctional nature adds value to different types of products:
- Shampoos and Conditioners: Guar Gum adds thickness and provides a smooth and silky texture. It enhances the overall user experience by improving the consistency and spreadability of the products.
- Lotions and Creams: Its ability to stabilize emulsions helps in maintaining the uniformity of active ingredients, ensuring that lotions and creams retain their quality over time.
- Toothpaste: The thickening properties of Guar Gum contribute to the desired consistency in toothpaste, facilitating even application and effective cleaning.
In the artisanal and commercial soap making industry, Guar Gum has carved a niche for itself:
- Texture Enhancer: Guar Gum is used to improve the texture of the soap, making it smoother and more pleasant to the touch.
- Stabilizer: By helping to stabilize the ingredients, it ensures that the soap retains its quality, appearance, and effectiveness for a longer duration.
- Emulsifying Agent: It helps in the uniform mixing of oil and water-based components, leading to a homogeneous product.
The cosmetic industry leverages the unique properties of Guar Gum in various ways:
- Makeup Products: It's used in foundations, mascaras, and lipsticks for its thickening and stabilizing effects, enhancing the application and longevity of the products.
- Skin Care Formulations: Guar Gum is incorporated in serums, masks, and moisturizers, lending them a smooth and creamy texture while also aiding in the stable dispersion of active ingredients.
- Natural Ingredient: As a plant-derived substance, Guar Gum is often preferred in natural and organic cosmetic formulations, aligning with the growing trend towards environmentally responsible products.
Guar Gum Uses
Cosmetics and Personal Care
- Toothpaste: Imparts a smooth and creamy texture.
- Lotions and creams: Used as a thickening agent to achieve desired consistency.
- Shampoos and conditioners: Increases viscosity, making the product richer and creamier.
- Oil and Gas: In hydraulic fracturing, guar gum increases the viscosity of the fracturing fluid, aiding in the transport of proppant.
- Textile: Used in textile printing as a thickener for dyes.
- Paper production: Improves sheet formation and reduces porosity in paper.
- Pharmaceuticals: Employed in tablet binding due to its adhesive properties.
Guar Gum Benefits
Guar Gum is a versatile thickening and stabilizing agent extracted from guar beans. It is used in various industries for its wide array of benefits. Here's an overview of its main advantages:
Guar Gum serves as an effective thickener in products ranging from food to cosmetics, enhancing texture and consistency. Its water-soluble nature makes it a preferred choice for many applications.
As a stabilizing agent, Guar Gum helps maintain the uniformity of ingredients within a product. It ensures that the emulsions remain stable, preventing the separation of different components.
Guar Gum acts as an emulsifier, enabling the homogeneous mixing of oil and water-based ingredients. This is particularly beneficial in the production of lotions, creams, and sauces.
Being a natural and plant-derived substance, Guar Gum is considered environmentally friendly. It aligns with the growing trend towards natural and sustainable products.
In the food industry, Guar Gum provides a source of soluble fiber. It supports digestive health and can aid in weight management by promoting a feeling of fullness.
Guar Gum offers the ability to control and modify viscosity, making it suitable for various manufacturing processes where precise control over texture is needed.
Its binding properties are utilized in different sectors, such as pharmaceuticals and processed foods, ensuring that the ingredients hold together effectively.
Guar Gum as an Emulsifier
Guar gum, derived from the seeds of the guar plant, has a multitude of applications in various industries. While often associated with the food sector as a thickening agent, its role as an emulsifier in non-food applications is equally significant.
What is an Emulsifier?
An emulsifier is a substance that enables the mixing of oil and water, which typically don't combine well. Emulsifiers stabilize these mixtures, preventing them from separating, making them essential in products like lotions, creams, and many cosmetics.
Guar Gum's Role as an Emulsifier
Guar gum acts as a natural emulsifier, providing the following benefits:
- Texture Enhancer: Guar gum can improve the texture of cosmetic products, ensuring a smooth and even application.
- Stabilizing Agent: It helps maintain the uniform dispersion of ingredients, preventing them from separating over time.
- Moisture Retention: In skincare products, guar gum aids in retaining moisture, making the skin feel hydrated.
Common Non-Food Applications
Beyond food, guar gum's emulsifying properties are leveraged in various products:
- Skincare Products: Lotions, creams, and serums might contain guar gum to ensure a homogenous texture and improved moisture retention.
- Hair Care: Conditioners and hair serums often incorporate guar gum to give a silky texture and help in even distribution.
- Cosmetics: Foundations, mascaras, and other makeup products can use guar gum to ensure a consistent and stable formulation.
Considerations When Using Guar Gum
While guar gum is generally safe for topical applications, it's advisable to check for any allergic reactions, especially for those with sensitive skin. A patch test before full-scale application can be a prudent approach.
Guar gum, as a natural emulsifier, plays a pivotal role in the formulation of various cosmetic and personal care products. Its ability to stabilize, enhance texture, and retain moisture makes it a sought-after ingredient in the industry.
Who is Soapgoods?
We are proud to present a diverse and extensive selection of soap making supplies including soap molds as well as melt and pour soap bases. Are you looking for something unique, something hard to find? Wondering Where to buy Witch Hazel Distillate - Alcohol Free? We are a fantastic source!
We carry it all and many other fantastic but hard to find items at great wholesale prices, we are the one-stop-shop, you can find everything you need here, even bulk Xanthan Gum Right here at Soapgoods
We know you have choices, that's why we work harder, providing better quality, faster shipping and a wide selection of items in practical sizes for any application. When you need to make a purchase and need it delivered quickly, look to us to provide you the service you need. We even have Wholesale Yogurt Powder, in small and large builds sizes, either way, you can get our best direct to consumer pricing. Plus we ship it out the next business days. and will ship the next business day.
Where else can you do all your shopping in one place? When you need to make a purchase and get it delivered quickly. Buy Zinc Oxide Powder? Right here
When you are looking for quality personal care products, cosmetics and soap making supplies, be sure to visit our online store for Acacia Gum Enjoy our premium quality ingredients and super fast shipping times.
Read our Real Reviews from Google and Bizrate
100% Real Reviews (we cannot edit, create or delete reviews) From Google, Click here -> Real SoapGoods Reviews
See more Real Reviews (we cannot edit, create or delete reviews) from Third Party Watchdog Bizrate Real SoapGoods Reviews (Click Here and Scroll Down)
Read hundreds of real testimonials from over a decade of service. SoapGoods Testimonials.
How Fast Can I get it?
We Guarantee Your order ships out the same or next business day! This means in the South East you will have your order in 1 to 3 business days, in the North East normally 3 to 4 days and in the West normally 4 to 5 days. For full details on shipping and processing times please see our expected delivery times.
These times are based on business days, not including weekends or holidays.
FedEx Delivery Map
USPS Delivery Map
Typical Delivery Times to Major US Cities
|Major Cities||Total Business Days +1 / -1|
|Alabama (AL) - Montgomery, Birmingham||1|
|Alaska (AK) - Juneau, Anchorage||7|
|Arizona (AZ) - Phoenix, Tucson||4|
|Arkansas (AR) - Little Rock, Fayetteville||2|
|California (CA) - Sacramento, Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, Sacramento, San Jose||4|
|Colorado (CO) - Denver, Colorado Springs||3|
|Connecticut (CT) - Hartford, New Haven||2|
|Delaware (DE) - Dover, Wilmington, Newark||2|
|Florida (FL) - Tallahassee, Orlando, Miami, Jacksonville, Tampa, Destin||2|
|Georgia (GA) - Atlanta, Savannah, Augusta, Athens||1|
|Hawaii (HI) - Honolulu, Kailua||7|
|Idaho (ID) - Boise, Coeur d'Alene||4|
|Illinois (IL) - Springfield, Chicago, Peoria, Rockford||2|
|Indiana (IN) - Indianapolis, Fort Wayne||2|
|Iowa (IA) - Des Moines, Cedar Rapids||2|
|Kansas (KS) - Topeka, Wichita, Kansas City||2|
|Kentucky (KY) - Frankfort, Louisville, Lexington||2|
|Louisiana (LA) - Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Lafayette||2|
|Maine (ME) - Augusta, Portland, Bangor||3|
|Maryland (MD) - Annapolis, Baltimore||2|
|Massachusetts (MA) - Boston, Cambridge, Worcester||2|
|Michigan (MI) - Lansing, Detroit, Grand Rapids||2|
|Minnesota (MN) - St. Paul, Minneapolis, Duluth||3|
|Mississippi (MS) - Jackson, Biloxi, Hattiesburg||1|
|Missouri (MO) - Jefferson City, St Louis, Kansas City||2|
|Montana (MT) - Helena, Billings||4|
|Nebraska (NE) - Lincoln, Omaha||2|
|Nevada (NV) - Carson City, Las Vegas, Reno||4|
|New Hampshire (NH) - Concord, Manchester, Portsmouth||2|
|New Jersey (NJ) - Trenton, Newark, Jersey City||2|
|New Mexico (NM) - Santa Fe, Alburquerque||3|
|New York (NY) - Albany, New York, Rochester, Buffalo, Albany, Syracuse, Niagara Falls, Ithaca||3|
|North Carolina (NC) - Raleigh, Charlotte||2|
|North Dakota (ND) - Bismarck, Fargo||3|
|Ohio (OH) - Columbus, Cleveland, Cincinnati||2|
|Oklahoma (OK) - Oklahoma City, Fairview,||2|
|Oregon (OR) - Salem, Portland, Eugene||5|
|Pennsylvania (PA) - Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh||2|
|Rhode Island (RI) - Providence, Newport||2|
|South Carolina (SC) - Columbia, Charleston||1|
|South Dakota (SD) - Pierre, Sioux Falls, Rapid City||3|
|Tennessee (TN) - Nashville, Memphis||2|
|Texas (TX) - Austin, Houston, Dallas||3|
|Utah (UT) - Salt Lake City, St. George||3|
|Vermont (VT) - Montpelier, Burlington||3|
|Virginia (VA) - Richmond, Virginia Beach||2|
|Washington (WA) - Olympia, Seattle, Vancouver, Spokane||5|
|West Virginia (WV) - Charleston, Morgantown||2|
|Wisconsin (WI) - Madison, Milwaukee||2|
|Wyoming (WY) - Cheyenne, Jackson||4|
Disclaimer: All product descriptions and specifications provided in this description are intended as a guide only and are subject to change without notice. While we strive for accuracy, discrepancies or errors may be present. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
No posts found