About Menthol Crystals
All products are for external use only
Free shipping notes: 40 Lb Bag in Box
40 Lb Bag in box ships free in lower 48 continental states. Soapgoods Inc reserves the right to ship free shipping items via any carrier.
- Synonyms: Menthol Crystals
- INCI Name: Menthol
- CAS: 89-78-1
- Einecs: 218-690-9
- Viscosity: Solid Crystals
- Solublity: Soluble in alcohol and oils
- Storage: Cool Dark Dry, Tightly Closed. Stores well under most conditions, but excessive humidity may cause it to cake up and harden. Exposure to levels of high heat will also cause it to melt. It is best stored at an ambient temperature of about 65-80 degrees.
- Appearance: Clear White Crystals
- Odor: Strong Menthol Scent
- Natural: Natural, derived from essential oil.
- Packaging: .25 lbs is a single bag, 1 Lb is single bag, 4 Lb is a single bag, 20 lb is 5 x 4 lb. 50 lb is a single bag.
- Shelf life: Suggested retest date 3 year from purchase
Usage / Benefits
- Industries: Personal Care and Cosmetics, Pharmaceutical, Food and Beverage, Aromatherapy and Essential Oils, Sports and Fitness Products, Spa and Wellness, Home Care and Cleaning, Veterinary Care and Animal Products, Tobacco and Smoking Products
- Applications: Menthol crystals applications include: pain relief balms, muscle relaxant creams, cough lozenges, mouthwashes, toothpastes, inhalers, shaving creams, after-shave lotions, foot sprays, shampoos, conditioners, lip balms, lip glosses, cooling lotions, cooling sprays, perfumes, aromatherapy oils, massage oils, topical analgesics, antipruritic products, astringents, and anti-itch creams.
- Benefits: Menthol crystals benefits include: providing a cooling sensation, relieving minor pain and irritation, reducing itching, promoting easier breathing through nasal decongestion, imparting a fresh scent, acting as an anti-spasmodic, offering antiseptic properties, aiding in digestion (when used in certain oral products), acting as a mild anesthetic, promoting skin penetration in topical formulations, providing temporary relief from minor sore throat and cough, and enhancing the overall sensory experience in personal care products.
- Products Uses: Pain Relief Creams, Cold and Cough Medicines, Lip Balms, Shaving Creams, Oral Care Products, Inhalers, Aromatherapy Oils, Skin Care Lotions, Muscle Relaxant Gels, Shampoos and Conditioners, Massage Oils, Sauna and Steam Room Infusions, Insect Repellents, Flavoring in Food and Beverages, Tobacco Products, Scented Candles, Air Fresheners
- Safety: Generally safe, however keep out of eyes and do not eat.
- Cautions: Not for ingestion, keep away from pets and children who may attempt to eat.
- External Use Only: Even if food grade, we do not provide items for ingestion, all of our items are for external use only.
They are often used in cosmetics, salves, balms, medicated creams,foot sprays, pain relief or cooling body products, shampoos, conditioners, liniments, shaving creams, compresses, medicated oils, and cooling gels. Menthol crystals are excellent for use in these products to help relieve muscular aches and pains, coughing, congestion, the flu, and upper respiratory problems. Since Menthol crystals are so concentrated, only a very small amount is needed within products. When purchasing Menthol crystals remember that a good quality menthol crystal usually contains not less than 99.4% menthol.
Menthol crystals, with their characteristic icy scent and feel, have long been associated with relief and rejuvenation. Extracted from mint oils, primarily peppermint, these clear, crystalline substances have become increasingly popular in the world of personal care, soap making, and cosmetics. Beyond their aromatic allure, they offer a multitude of benefits and applications that enhance both the manufacturing process and the end-user experience.
Origin and Nature of Menthol Crystals
Menthol crystals are organic compounds derived through the extraction of mint oils, mainly from the peppermint plant. Once the oil is obtained, it undergoes a cooling process where the menthol solidifies and forms crystals. The crystalline nature ensures concentrated potency, making it a versatile and effective ingredient in a variety of formulations.
Menthol Crystals in Personal Care Products
The personal care industry has embraced menthol crystals for their multi-faceted benefits. Some of their notable uses in this realm include:
- Cooling Sensation: The most pronounced effect of menthol crystals when applied to the skin is the immediate cooling sensation. This provides a refreshing feeling, making products with menthol especially popular in warmer climates or post-exercise applications.
- Aromatherapy: The invigorating aroma of menthol can be therapeutic. It's often incorporated into balms, salves, and massage oils to invigorate the senses and provide a sense of relief and relaxation.
- Pore Cleansing: Menthol has the ability to cleanse and tighten pores, making it a common ingredient in facial cleansers, masks, and toners.
Menthol Crystals in Soap Making
The craft of soap making has witnessed the innovative inclusion of many ingredients over the years, and menthol crystals have carved a niche for themselves in this art. Their contribution to the soap-making process and the resultant product is manifold:
- Refreshing Sensation: Incorporating menthol crystals into soap formulations provides an unmatched refreshing sensation to the user, especially in summer soaps or after-workout cleansing bars.
- Aromatic Appeal: The fresh scent of menthol adds a unique aromatic dimension to soaps, making them appealing to many who seek a revitalizing bathing experience.
- Clarity and Luster: Menthol crystals can enhance the clarity of transparent soaps and add a lustrous quality, elevating the aesthetic appeal of the product.
Menthol Crystals in Cosmetics
In the expansive cosmetic industry, menthol crystals have found their place, especially in products that aim to provide a fresh and invigorating experience. Some of their uses in cosmetics include:
- Lip Plumping: The tingling sensation caused by menthol can cause a temporary plumping effect on lips. This property is utilized in certain lip plumping glosses and balms.
- Scalp Treatments: In hair care, the cooling properties of menthol are often utilized in scalp treatments and tonics, providing relief from itchiness and promoting a sense of freshness.
- Setting Sprays: To give a refreshing boost to the skin, especially in hot weather, menthol is sometimes added to facial mists and setting sprays, providing a cooling sensation upon application.
Menthol Crystals Uses
Personal Care and Cosmetics
Menthol crystals are used in various personal care products like toothpaste, mouthwash, and shaving creams, providing a cooling sensation. They are also used in lip balms, lotions, and creams for a refreshing effect on the skin.
Within the pharmaceutical industry, menthol crystals are an essential ingredient in over-the-counter medications, such as cough syrups and throat lozenges. They provide relief from throat irritation and coughing.
Menthol crystals are used in aromatherapy for their cooling and refreshing effects. They are often added to essential oil blends and diffusers to promote relaxation and alleviate headaches.
Spa and Wellness
In spa and wellness settings, menthol crystals are used in massage oils and foot soaks, providing a soothing and invigorating sensation that helps in relaxation and muscle recovery.
Food and Beverage Industry
Menthol crystals are used as a flavoring agent in food and beverages like chewing gum, candies, and alcoholic drinks, adding a minty taste and fragrance.
Due to their strong odor, menthol crystals are used in insect repellents to ward off mosquitoes and other insects.
On an industrial scale, menthol crystals are utilized in the production of adhesives, plastics, and rubber products, contributing to their fragrance and texture properties.
Sports and Fitness Products
They are used in sports creams and gels to provide a cooling effect on sore muscles, aiding in recovery and pain relief.
Menthol crystals provide a cooling sensation when applied to the skin or inhaled. This effect can be refreshing and soothing, especially in hot weather or after physical exertion.
They are used in pain-relieving products such as creams and balms. The cooling effect helps to reduce muscle soreness and joint pain, aiding in recovery and relaxation.
The inhalation of menthol vapor aids in clearing the respiratory tract. It can help with conditions like congestion, bronchitis, and asthma by opening up airways and making breathing easier.
Enhanced Flavor and Fragrance
In food and beverage products, menthol crystals contribute to a unique minty flavor and fragrance, enhancing the overall sensory experience.
The cooling effect of menthol can relieve itching and irritation on the skin, making it a valuable component in skincare products for conditions such as eczema and psoriasis.
Menthol has anti-inflammatory properties, helping to reduce swelling and inflammation in affected areas, aiding in the healing process.
Used in headache balms and aromatherapy, menthol's cooling effect can alleviate headaches and migraines by relaxing the muscles around the head and neck.
Natural Insect Repellent
The strong minty odor of menthol crystals can be used to repel insects like mosquitoes, making it a natural alternative to synthetic insect repellents.
Consumed in small amounts, menthol can aid in digestion, reducing symptoms of indigestion and bloating.
Menthol Crystals Benefits
Menthol crystals are derived from the extraction of oil from the mint plant. These clear, white crystals have a distinct cooling effect and are widely recognized for their variety of benefits, especially in cosmetic and therapeutic applications.
What Are Menthol Crystals?
Menthol crystals are a concentrated form of menthol, solid at room temperature but easily dissolved in alcohol or essential oils. Their high concentration provides a powerful minty aroma and sensation.
Key Benefits of Menthol Crystals
Menthol crystals have numerous applications owing to their versatile benefits:
- Cooling Sensation: When applied to the skin or inhaled, they provide a refreshing cooling effect, making them popular in balms, salves, and respiratory remedies.
- Pain Relief: Known for their analgesic properties, they can be used in ointments and rubs intended for muscle and joint pain relief.
- Respiratory Aid: Inhalation of menthol vapor can help in clearing respiratory passages, often found in chest rubs and inhalers for this purpose.
- Skin Health: Due to their cooling effect, they are integrated into skincare products to alleviate skin irritations and provide soothing relief.
- Invigorating Aroma: The strong, refreshing aroma is used in perfumery and aromatherapy to invigorate and awaken the senses.
Considerations When Using Menthol Crystals
While menthol crystals offer a myriad of benefits, it's essential to consider the following:
- Concentration: Being highly concentrated, only a small amount is needed in formulations. Overuse can cause excessive cooling or even skin irritation.
- Sensitivity: Some individuals may be sensitive to menthol and can experience skin irritation or allergic reactions. It's recommended to do a patch test before extensive use.
- Storage: Store in a cool, dry place to maintain their solid state and extend their shelf life.
Menthol crystals offer a wealth of benefits in various industries, especially cosmetics and therapeutic care. Knowledge of their properties and safe usage ensures that individuals and formulators harness their potential effectively.
Who is Soapgoods?
We are proud to present a diverse and extensive selection of soap making supplies including soap molds as well as melt and pour soap bases. Are you looking for something unique, something hard to find? Wondering Where to buy Witch Hazel Distillate - Alcohol Free? We are a fantastic source!
We carry it all and many other fantastic but hard to find items at great wholesale prices, we are the one-stop-shop, you can find everything you need here, even bulk Xanthan Gum Right here at Soapgoods
We know you have choices, that's why we work harder, providing better quality, faster shipping and a wide selection of items in practical sizes for any application. When you need to make a purchase and need it delivered quickly, look to us to provide you the service you need. We even have Wholesale Yogurt Powder, in small and large builds sizes, either way, you can get our best direct to consumer pricing. Plus we ship it out the next business days. and will ship the next business day.
Where else can you do all your shopping in one place? When you need to make a purchase and get it delivered quickly. Buy Zinc Oxide Powder? Right here
When you are looking for quality personal care products, cosmetics and soap making supplies, be sure to visit our online store for Acacia Gum Enjoy our premium quality ingredients and super fast shipping times.
Read our Real Reviews from Google and Bizrate
100% Real Reviews (we cannot edit, create or delete reviews) From Google, Click here -> Real SoapGoods Reviews
See more Real Reviews (we cannot edit, create or delete reviews) from Third Party Watchdog Bizrate Real SoapGoods Reviews (Click Here and Scroll Down)
Read hundreds of real testimonials from over a decade of service. SoapGoods Testimonials.
How Fast Can I get it?
We Guarantee Your order ships out the same or next business day! This means in the South East you will have your order in 1 to 3 business days, in the North East normally 3 to 4 days and in the West normally 4 to 5 days. For full details on shipping and processing times please see our expected delivery times.
These times are based on business days, not including weekends or holidays.
FedEx Delivery Map
USPS Delivery Map
Typical Delivery Times to Major US Cities
|Major Cities||Total Business Days +1 / -1|
|Alabama (AL) - Montgomery, Birmingham||1|
|Alaska (AK) - Juneau, Anchorage||7|
|Arizona (AZ) - Phoenix, Tucson||4|
|Arkansas (AR) - Little Rock, Fayetteville||2|
|California (CA) - Sacramento, Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, Sacramento, San Jose||4|
|Colorado (CO) - Denver, Colorado Springs||3|
|Connecticut (CT) - Hartford, New Haven||2|
|Delaware (DE) - Dover, Wilmington, Newark||2|
|Florida (FL) - Tallahassee, Orlando, Miami, Jacksonville, Tampa, Destin||2|
|Georgia (GA) - Atlanta, Savannah, Augusta, Athens||1|
|Hawaii (HI) - Honolulu, Kailua||7|
|Idaho (ID) - Boise, Coeur d'Alene||4|
|Illinois (IL) - Springfield, Chicago, Peoria, Rockford||2|
|Indiana (IN) - Indianapolis, Fort Wayne||2|
|Iowa (IA) - Des Moines, Cedar Rapids||2|
|Kansas (KS) - Topeka, Wichita, Kansas City||2|
|Kentucky (KY) - Frankfort, Louisville, Lexington||2|
|Louisiana (LA) - Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Lafayette||2|
|Maine (ME) - Augusta, Portland, Bangor||3|
|Maryland (MD) - Annapolis, Baltimore||2|
|Massachusetts (MA) - Boston, Cambridge, Worcester||2|
|Michigan (MI) - Lansing, Detroit, Grand Rapids||2|
|Minnesota (MN) - St. Paul, Minneapolis, Duluth||3|
|Mississippi (MS) - Jackson, Biloxi, Hattiesburg||1|
|Missouri (MO) - Jefferson City, St Louis, Kansas City||2|
|Montana (MT) - Helena, Billings||4|
|Nebraska (NE) - Lincoln, Omaha||2|
|Nevada (NV) - Carson City, Las Vegas, Reno||4|
|New Hampshire (NH) - Concord, Manchester, Portsmouth||2|
|New Jersey (NJ) - Trenton, Newark, Jersey City||2|
|New Mexico (NM) - Santa Fe, Alburquerque||3|
|New York (NY) - Albany, New York, Rochester, Buffalo, Albany, Syracuse, Niagara Falls, Ithaca||3|
|North Carolina (NC) - Raleigh, Charlotte||2|
|North Dakota (ND) - Bismarck, Fargo||3|
|Ohio (OH) - Columbus, Cleveland, Cincinnati||2|
|Oklahoma (OK) - Oklahoma City, Fairview,||2|
|Oregon (OR) - Salem, Portland, Eugene||5|
|Pennsylvania (PA) - Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh||2|
|Rhode Island (RI) - Providence, Newport||2|
|South Carolina (SC) - Columbia, Charleston||1|
|South Dakota (SD) - Pierre, Sioux Falls, Rapid City||3|
|Tennessee (TN) - Nashville, Memphis||2|
|Texas (TX) - Austin, Houston, Dallas||3|
|Utah (UT) - Salt Lake City, St. George||3|
|Vermont (VT) - Montpelier, Burlington||3|
|Virginia (VA) - Richmond, Virginia Beach||2|
|Washington (WA) - Olympia, Seattle, Vancouver, Spokane||5|
|West Virginia (WV) - Charleston, Morgantown||2|
|Wisconsin (WI) - Madison, Milwaukee||2|
|Wyoming (WY) - Cheyenne, Jackson||4|
Disclaimer: All product descriptions and specifications provided in this description are intended as a guide only and are subject to change without notice. While we strive for accuracy, discrepancies or errors may be present. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.