About Salicylic Acid
All products are for external use only
Free shipping notes: 40 Lb Bag in Box
40 Lb Bag in box ships free in lower 48 continental states. Soapgoods Inc reserves the right to ship free shipping items via any carrier.
- Synonyms: Salicylic Acid, salicylic acid, 2-hydroxybenzoic acid, hydroxy acid
- INCI Name: Salicylic Acid
- CAS: 69-72-7
- Einecs: 200-712-3
- Grade: USP
- Viscosity: Solid Granules
- Solublity: Slightly Soluble oil, water
- Storage: Cool, dark dry area, air tight container preferred
- Appearance: Fine white granules
- Odor: Little to no scent
- Natural: Synthetic
- Packaging: 1 Lbs is a single plastic jar, 4 Lb is a single plastic jar, 55 lb is single bag
- Shelf life: Suggested retest date 1 year from purchase
Usage / Benefits
- Industries: Cosmetics Industry, Skincare Products, Personal Care, Hair Care Products, Acne Treatment Products, Pharmaceutical Industry (excluding food and pharmaceutical uses as per previous context), Wart Removal Products, Industrial Cleaners
- Applications: Acne treatments, anti-dandruff shampoos, wart removers, psoriasis treatments, exfoliants, corn and callus removers, anti-inflammatory products, blemish treatments.
- Benefits: Exfoliates Skin, Reduces Acne, Unclogs Pores, Reduces Sebum Secretion, Reduces Inflammation, Treats Warts, Enhances Skin Absorption, Promotes Skin Rejuvenation, Reduces Signs of Aging, Treats Dandruff and Scalp Issues, Improves Skin Texture and Tone
- Products Uses: Acne spot treatments, facial cleansers, toners, medicated moisturizers, skin peels, hair care products, foot soaks, medicated patches, anti-aging creams, blemish concealers, medicated body washes.
- Safety: Generally safe, however keep out of eyes and do not eat.
- Cautions: Not for ingestion, keep away from pets and children who may attempt to eat.
- External Use Only: Even if food grade, we do not provide items for ingestion, all of our items are for external use only.
Salicylic acid is a well-known beta hydroxy acid (BHA) that has been widely used in personal care and cosmetic products. Derived from willow bark and other plant sources, it has unique properties that make it a sought-after ingredient in the skincare industry. The following sections will delve into the various aspects and applications of Salicylic Acid in personal care, soap making, and cosmetic manufacturing.
Salicylic acid is a potent exfoliant that helps to slough off dead skin cells, unclog pores, and reduce the appearance of acne. It has anti-inflammatory properties that soothe irritated skin and reduce redness. Its ability to penetrate oil makes it especially effective for oily and acne-prone skin types.
In hair care products, Salicylic acid helps to control dandruff and scalp conditions by loosening and removing scales. It can be found in shampoos and conditioners, where it promotes a healthy scalp environment.
Salicylic acid is used in soap making to enhance the soap's cleansing and exfoliating properties. It helps to remove dirt, oil, and dead skin cells, leaving the skin feeling fresh and smooth. Because of its antiseptic qualities, it is often used in medicated soaps for problem skin.
Facial Cleansers and Toners
Salicylic acid is a common ingredient in facial cleansers and toners. Its deep-cleansing ability helps to purify the skin and prevent breakouts. It assists in tightening pores and improving the overall appearance of the skin.
In makeup products, Salicylic acid can be used to enhance the texture and feel of the product. Its oil-absorbing properties can help to create a matte finish, particularly in foundations and powders for oily skin types.
Moisturizers and Serums
Salicylic acid is also incorporated into moisturizers and serums for its ability to hydrate the skin while treating and preventing blemishes. Its unique ability to exfoliate and hydrate makes it a versatile ingredient in various skincare formulations.
Salicylic Acid Uses
Salicylic acid, a beta hydroxy acid (BHA), has been extensively used in the personal care and cosmetics industries due to its exfoliating and acne-fighting properties. While it is most commonly associated with treating acne, salicylic acid offers a range of benefits that make it a key ingredient in various products.
Salicylic acid is a common component in facial care products, especially those targeting acne-prone skin.
- Acne Spot Treatments: It penetrates deep into the pores to exfoliate from within, helping to unclog and reduce the size and severity of pimples.
- Facial Cleansers: In combination with other cleansing ingredients, salicylic acid helps to remove dirt, oil, and dead skin cells, preventing breakouts.
- Toners: Helps in refining skin texture and tightening pores.
- Medicated Moisturizers: Offer hydration while addressing acne concerns.
Its exfoliating properties are also beneficial for body care applications.
- Medicated Body Washes: Assist in preventing body acne and breakouts on areas like the back and chest.
- Foot Soaks: Helps in treating conditions like warts or corns.
Salicylic acid can also be found in certain hair care products.
- Shampoos: Especially those formulated for dandruff or scalp-related issues. The acid helps in exfoliating dead skin cells from the scalp, preventing flaking.
Besides the primary uses, salicylic acid finds its application in other cosmetic products as well.
- Skin Peels: Helps in deeply exfoliating the skin, revealing fresher, brighter skin underneath.
- Medicated Patches: For targeted treatment of conditions like warts.
- Anti-aging Creams: Its exfoliating properties can help in reducing the appearance of fine lines.
- Blemish Concealers: Provides coverage while also treating the blemish.
Salicylic Acid Benefits
Salicylic Acid, a well-known beta hydroxy acid, offers a wide range of benefits in different domains. Here are some of the primary advantages:
Salicylic Acid is renowned for its ability to exfoliate the skin, removing dead skin cells and revealing a fresher, smoother complexion. This action helps in reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Its potent anti-acne properties help unclog pores and reduce acne's appearance. By penetrating deeply into the skin, Salicylic Acid aids in breaking down whiteheads and blackheads, leading to clearer skin.
Salicylic Acid possesses anti-inflammatory properties that can reduce redness and inflammation associated with acne and other skin conditions, promoting a calmer and more even-toned complexion.
Its ability to break down flakes and scales makes Salicylic Acid a key ingredient in dandruff-control shampoos and scalp treatments. It helps in maintaining a healthy scalp environment.
Salicylic Acid’s oil-soluble nature enables it to penetrate and dissolve excess sebum, thereby controlling oil production. This is particularly beneficial for oily skin types, helping to prevent shine and clogged pores.
Enhancing Product Formulation
In cosmetic making, Salicylic Acid improves the texture and application of various makeup products. Its oil-absorbing properties contribute to a matte finish in foundations and powders.
Medicated Soaps and Cleansers
Its use in medicated soaps enhances their cleansing and antibacterial properties, making them suitable for treating problem skin and promoting overall skin health.
Though primarily known for its exfoliating qualities, Salicylic Acid also helps in hydrating the skin, making it a versatile ingredient in moisturizers and serums.
Salicylic Acid Face Wash
A face wash containing salicylic acid can offer specific benefits for your skincare routine:
1. Exfoliation and Cleansing
Salicylic acid is a beta hydroxy acid (BHA) known for its exfoliating properties. A face wash with salicylic acid can help remove dead skin cells, dirt, and excess oil from the skin's surface.
2. Unclogging Pores
Salicylic acid has the ability to penetrate into pores and help dissolve sebum and debris that can contribute to clogged pores and breakouts.
3. Acne Management
Salicylic acid's exfoliating and pore-clearing properties make it a popular ingredient for managing acne. It can help prevent and treat acne by reducing inflammation and preventing pore blockages.
4. Oil Control
A face wash with salicylic acid can be beneficial for individuals with oily skin, as it can help control excess oil production and minimize shine throughout the day.
5. Application and Frequency
Use the salicylic acid face wash as directed on the product label. Generally, it's advisable to use it once or twice a day, depending on your skin's needs and sensitivity.
6. Professional Advice
If you have specific skin concerns or are incorporating salicylic acid into your routine for the first time, consulting with a dermatologist or skincare professional is recommended.
Elevating Your Skincare Routine
A salicylic acid face wash can provide exfoliation, unclog pores, manage acne, and control oil production, contributing to a clearer and healthier complexion.
Salicylic Acid Cream: A Guide to Skincare
Salicylic Acid is a widely used beta hydroxy acid (BHA) known for its ability to exfoliate the skin and unclog pores. In cream form, it's a popular choice for treating various skin conditions. This guide highlights the properties, benefits, applications, and safety considerations of Salicylic Acid cream.
Properties of Salicylic Acid
- Chemical Structure: Salicylic Acid is a lipophilic monohydroxybenzoic acid, allowing it to penetrate oily areas of the skin.
- Solubility: It's partially soluble in water and oil, allowing it to work on the skin's surface and within the pores.
Benefits of Salicylic Acid Cream
- Exfoliation: By breaking down the bonds between skin cells, it helps in the removal of dead skin cells.
- Acne Treatment: It unclogs pores and reduces inflammation, making it an effective treatment for acne-prone skin.
- Reduces Fine Lines: Regular use may reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Improves Texture: It enhances overall skin texture by promoting cellular turnover.
Applications and Usage
- Over-the-Counter Creams: Available in various concentrations for daily use.
- Prescription Treatments: Higher concentrations can be prescribed for more severe skin conditions.
- How to Use: It's generally applied to clean, dry skin, following the instructions provided with the specific product.
- Sensitivity: May cause dryness or irritation, especially for those with sensitive skin.
- Sun Sensitivity: Increases sensitivity to the sun, so sun protection is recommended when using products containing Salicylic Acid.
- Pregnancy Considerations: Consultation with a healthcare provider is advised for pregnant or breastfeeding individuals.
Salicylic Acid Cleanser
A cleanser containing salicylic acid can offer specific benefits for your skincare routine:
1. Deep Cleansing
Salicylic acid, a beta hydroxy acid (BHA), can effectively penetrate into pores to dissolve and remove excess oil, dirt, and impurities that can contribute to breakouts.
Salicylic acid's exfoliating properties help to gently remove dead skin cells from the skin's surface. This can promote a smoother complexion and prevent clogged pores.
3. Acne Management
Salicylic acid is renowned for its ability to target acne-prone skin. It helps control inflammation, unclog pores, and prevent the formation of new breakouts.
4. Oil Control
A salicylic acid cleanser can be especially beneficial for those with oily skin, as it can help regulate excess oil production and maintain a matte appearance.
5. Usage Frequency
Use the salicylic acid cleanser as recommended on the product label. Typically, it's advisable to use it once or twice a day, depending on your skin's needs and sensitivity.
6. Professional Consultation
If you have specific skincare concerns or are introducing salicylic acid into your routine, consulting with a dermatologist or skincare professional can provide personalized guidance.
Elevating Your Skincare Routine
A salicylic acid cleanser can provide deep cleansing, exfoliation, acne management, and oil control, contributing to a clearer and healthier complexion.
Who is Soapgoods?
We are proud to present a diverse and extensive selection of soap making supplies including soap molds as well as melt and pour soap bases. Are you looking for something unique, something hard to find? Wondering Where to buy Witch Hazel Distillate - Alcohol Free? We are a fantastic source!
We carry it all and many other fantastic but hard to find items at great wholesale prices, we are the one-stop-shop, you can find everything you need here, even bulk Xanthan Gum Right here at Soapgoods
We know you have choices, that's why we work harder, providing better quality, faster shipping and a wide selection of items in practical sizes for any application. When you need to make a purchase and need it delivered quickly, look to us to provide you the service you need. We even have Wholesale Yogurt Powder, in small and large builds sizes, either way, you can get our best direct to consumer pricing. Plus we ship it out the next business days. and will ship the next business day.
Where else can you do all your shopping in one place? When you need to make a purchase and get it delivered quickly. Buy Zinc Oxide Powder? Right here
When you are looking for quality personal care products, cosmetics and soap making supplies, be sure to visit our online store for Acacia Gum Enjoy our premium quality ingredients and super fast shipping times.
Read our Real Reviews from Google and Bizrate
100% Real Reviews (we cannot edit, create or delete reviews) From Google, Click here -> Real SoapGoods Reviews
See more Real Reviews (we cannot edit, create or delete reviews) from Third Party Watchdog Bizrate Real SoapGoods Reviews (Click Here and Scroll Down)
Read hundreds of real testimonials from over a decade of service. SoapGoods Testimonials.
How Fast Can I get it?
We Guarantee Your order ships out the same or next business day! This means in the South East you will have your order in 1 to 3 business days, in the North East normally 3 to 4 days and in the West normally 4 to 5 days. For full details on shipping and processing times please see our expected delivery times.
These times are based on business days, not including weekends or holidays.
FedEx Delivery Map
USPS Delivery Map
Typical Delivery Times to Major US Cities
|Major Cities||Total Business Days +1 / -1|
|Alabama (AL) - Montgomery, Birmingham||1|
|Alaska (AK) - Juneau, Anchorage||7|
|Arizona (AZ) - Phoenix, Tucson||4|
|Arkansas (AR) - Little Rock, Fayetteville||2|
|California (CA) - Sacramento, Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, Sacramento, San Jose||4|
|Colorado (CO) - Denver, Colorado Springs||3|
|Connecticut (CT) - Hartford, New Haven||2|
|Delaware (DE) - Dover, Wilmington, Newark||2|
|Florida (FL) - Tallahassee, Orlando, Miami, Jacksonville, Tampa, Destin||2|
|Georgia (GA) - Atlanta, Savannah, Augusta, Athens||1|
|Hawaii (HI) - Honolulu, Kailua||7|
|Idaho (ID) - Boise, Coeur d'Alene||4|
|Illinois (IL) - Springfield, Chicago, Peoria, Rockford||2|
|Indiana (IN) - Indianapolis, Fort Wayne||2|
|Iowa (IA) - Des Moines, Cedar Rapids||2|
|Kansas (KS) - Topeka, Wichita, Kansas City||2|
|Kentucky (KY) - Frankfort, Louisville, Lexington||2|
|Louisiana (LA) - Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Lafayette||2|
|Maine (ME) - Augusta, Portland, Bangor||3|
|Maryland (MD) - Annapolis, Baltimore||2|
|Massachusetts (MA) - Boston, Cambridge, Worcester||2|
|Michigan (MI) - Lansing, Detroit, Grand Rapids||2|
|Minnesota (MN) - St. Paul, Minneapolis, Duluth||3|
|Mississippi (MS) - Jackson, Biloxi, Hattiesburg||1|
|Missouri (MO) - Jefferson City, St Louis, Kansas City||2|
|Montana (MT) - Helena, Billings||4|
|Nebraska (NE) - Lincoln, Omaha||2|
|Nevada (NV) - Carson City, Las Vegas, Reno||4|
|New Hampshire (NH) - Concord, Manchester, Portsmouth||2|
|New Jersey (NJ) - Trenton, Newark, Jersey City||2|
|New Mexico (NM) - Santa Fe, Alburquerque||3|
|New York (NY) - Albany, New York, Rochester, Buffalo, Albany, Syracuse, Niagara Falls, Ithaca||3|
|North Carolina (NC) - Raleigh, Charlotte||2|
|North Dakota (ND) - Bismarck, Fargo||3|
|Ohio (OH) - Columbus, Cleveland, Cincinnati||2|
|Oklahoma (OK) - Oklahoma City, Fairview,||2|
|Oregon (OR) - Salem, Portland, Eugene||5|
|Pennsylvania (PA) - Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh||2|
|Rhode Island (RI) - Providence, Newport||2|
|South Carolina (SC) - Columbia, Charleston||1|
|South Dakota (SD) - Pierre, Sioux Falls, Rapid City||3|
|Tennessee (TN) - Nashville, Memphis||2|
|Texas (TX) - Austin, Houston, Dallas||3|
|Utah (UT) - Salt Lake City, St. George||3|
|Vermont (VT) - Montpelier, Burlington||3|
|Virginia (VA) - Richmond, Virginia Beach||2|
|Washington (WA) - Olympia, Seattle, Vancouver, Spokane||5|
|West Virginia (WV) - Charleston, Morgantown||2|
|Wisconsin (WI) - Madison, Milwaukee||2|
|Wyoming (WY) - Cheyenne, Jackson||4|
Disclaimer: All product descriptions and specifications provided in this description are intended as a guide only and are subject to change without notice. While we strive for accuracy, discrepancies or errors may be present. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
No posts found