About Germaben II E
- Synonyms: Germaben II E
- INCI Name: Propylene Glycol (and) Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Methylparaben (and) Propylparaben
- CAS: 57-55-6; 78491-02-8; 99-76-3; 94-13-3
- Einecs: n/a
- Grade: n/a
- Viscosity: Slightly thick liquid
- Solublity: It is readily soluble at a level of 1.0% in both aqueous solutions and oil/water emulsions
- Storage: Cool, dark dry area, air tight container preferred
- Appearance: light yellow to clear liquid
- Odor: Low to no odor
- Natural: Not naturally occuring, synthetically created
- Packaging: .25 lbs is s single cylinder, 1 Lb is single cylinder 5 Lb is a single jug, 15 lb is 3 x 5 lb Jugs. 44 lb is a single pail.
- Shelf life: Suggested retest date 1 year from purchase
Usage / Benefits
- Industries: Cosmetics, Personal care, Hair care, Skincare, Bath products, Baby care, Sun care, Makeup
- Applications: Lotions, Creams, Shampoos, Conditioners, Hair sprays, Shower gels, Body washes, Liquid soaps, Sunscreens, Makeup products, Shaving products, Baby products.
- Benefits: Broad-spectrum antimicrobial activity, Soluble in oil and water phases, Easy incorporation into formulations, Effective at low concentrations, Compatibility with most cosmetic ingredients, Emollient properties, Heat stability, Recognized and widely accepted in personal care industry
- Products Uses: Lotions, Creams, Shampoos, Conditioners, Hair sprays, Shower gels, Body washes, Liquid hand soaps, Sunscreen lotions, Makeup removers, Shaving creams, Baby care products.
- Safety: Generally safe, however keep out of eyes and do not eat.
- Cautions: Not for ingestion, keep away from pets and children who may attempt to eat.
- External Use Only: Even if food grade, we do not provide items for ingestion, all of our items are for external use only.
Germaben II E
Germaben II-E is a solubilized combination of Germall II with methylparaben and propylparaben in propylene glycol. It is a complete broad spectrum antimicrobial preservative system that is effective against Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria and against yeast and mold.
Germaben II E is a widely recognized and utilized preservative system in the world of personal care, soap making, and cosmetics. The name might seem technical, but anyone involved in creating or formulating personal care products likely knows or has come across this ingredient. With the growing emphasis on product safety, integrity, and longevity, preservatives like Germaben II E have become indispensable.
A Closer Look at Germaben II E
Germaben II E is a clear, viscous liquid with a slightly characteristic odor. Its primary role is to act as a broad-spectrum antimicrobial agent, ensuring products remain free from contamination during their shelf life. Comprising a blend of propylene glycol, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, and propylparaben, Germaben II E offers an effective defense against bacteria, yeast, and molds.
Applications in Personal Care
The realm of personal care is vast, encompassing products that touch every part of our bodies. From the shampoos we use to the creams we apply before bedtime, ensuring these products remain uncontaminated is paramount for both consumer safety and brand reputation.
Skincare products, especially those that contain significant water content or are prone to microbial contamination, can benefit from Germaben II E. Creams, lotions, and serums that promise hydration, rejuvenation, or other skin benefits usually contain water, making them vulnerable to microbial growth. Germaben II E, with its broad-spectrum activity, ensures these products remain safe for use throughout their intended shelf life.
Soap Making and Germaben II E
Handmade soaps, especially those that have added ingredients like herbal extracts or milks, can become a breeding ground for microbes if not preserved correctly. While many traditional soaps might not require preservatives due to their high pH or lack of water content, any deviation from the basics—such as the addition of goat milk or aloe vera gel—can introduce moisture. Here, Germaben II E steps in, ensuring that these specially formulated soaps remain safe and fresh, providing the user with the intended benefits without the risk of microbial contamination.
The Cosmetic World's Guardian
In the world of cosmetics, Germaben II E plays a pivotal role. Makeup products, especially liquid foundations, concealers, and mascaras, can easily become contaminated during regular use. The warm environment of a mascara tube or the constant opening and closing of a foundation bottle can introduce and proliferate microbes. A reliable preservative system like Germaben II E ensures that these products remain safe, maintaining their efficacy and integrity.
Embracing Safety and Efficacy
As the cosmetic and personal care industry evolves, consumer awareness and demand for safe products have surged. Germaben II E meets these demands by offering a reliable and effective preservative solution, ensuring that products not only deliver on their promises but do so safely. Its compatibility with most cosmetic ingredients, solubility in both oil and water phases, and stability under various conditions make it a preferred choice for many formulators.
Germaben II E Uses
Germaben II E is utilized in various applications within the personal care, soap making, and cosmetic industries. Its properties make it suitable for preserving different products by inhibiting microbial growth. Here are the primary uses:
Personal Care Products
In personal care products, Germaben II E acts as a preservative to ensure safety and extend shelf life. It is commonly used in:
- Shampoos and Conditioners
- Body Washes and Shower Gels
- Lotions and Creams
In the soap making industry, Germaben II E aids in:
- Preventing microbial growth that can spoil the product
- Maintaining product quality, color, and texture
- Enhancing the shelf life of both bar and liquid soap products
In cosmetics, Germaben II E is essential for maintaining the quality and safety of various makeup products. It is used in:
- Foundations and Concealers
- Mascaras and Eyeliners
- Lipsticks and Lip Glosses
- Face Powders and Blushes
Germaben II E Benefits
Germaben II E offers several unique advantages, making it a preferred choice as a preservative in various applications such as personal care, soap making, and cosmetics. Below are the main benefits:
Broad-Spectrum Antimicrobial Activity
Germaben II E is known for its ability to inhibit a wide range of microorganisms, including bacteria, fungi, and yeasts. This ensures product safety and prolongs shelf life.
It is compatible with a wide variety of cosmetic formulations, making it versatile and suitable for different types of products. This includes emulsions, creams, lotions, and liquid applications.
Germaben II E exhibits stability across various pH levels and temperatures. Its stable nature allows it to maintain its effectiveness in diverse formulations and under different storage conditions.
Easy to Use
The formulation of Germaben II E allows for easy incorporation into products without complex procedures or specialized equipment. This makes it a convenient choice for manufacturers of all sizes.
Compliance with Regulations
Germaben II E is formulated to comply with various international and regional regulations. Its adherence to safety standards ensures trust and acceptance in global markets.
Enhanced Product Quality
By preventing microbial contamination and degradation, Germaben II E helps in maintaining the quality, appearance, and efficacy of the final products, contributing to consumer satisfaction.
Phenonip vs. Germaben II E: A Comparison
Both Phenonip and Germaben II E are popular preservatives used in the cosmetic and personal care industry. Though both serve the primary function of inhibiting microbial growth, their composition and recommended usage differ.
Composition: Phenonip is a blend of phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, butylparaben, ethylparaben, and propylparaben.
- Broad-spectrum activity against bacteria, yeast, and mold.
- Works well in emulsions and oil-based formulations.
- Effective at higher pH levels.
Usage Rate: Typically used at concentrations between 0.5% to 1%.
Germaben II E
Composition: Germaben II E contains propylene glycol, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, and propylparaben.
- Effective against a wide range of microorganisms.
- Compatible with most cosmetic ingredients.
- Can be used in both water-based and oil-based formulations.
Usage Rate: It's commonly used at concentrations of 0.5% to 1%.
Both Phenonip and Germaben II E offer robust preservation capabilities. The choice between them largely depends on the specific requirements of the formulation, such as pH range, compatibility, and ingredient preferences. It's crucial to always consider the entire formulation and conduct stability and compatibility tests when selecting a preservative.
Germaben II vs. Germaben II E
Both Germaben II and Germaben II E are broad-spectrum preservatives widely used in the cosmetic and personal care industry. They play a critical role in preventing the growth of harmful microorganisms in products. While they share similarities, they also have distinct characteristics that cater to different formulation needs.
Germaben II and Germaben II E are blends of various components, each contributing to their preservation properties.
- Germaben II: Typically contains Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, and Propylparaben.
- Germaben II E: Contains Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, and Ethylparaben.
Usage and Applications
While both preservatives can be employed in a variety of formulations, their specific characteristics make them better suited for certain applications.
- Germaben II: Ideal for products with a higher oil phase. It is often used in formulations like creams and lotions with up to 25% oil phase.
- Germaben II E: More suited for formulations with a lower oil content, typically those with an oil phase of 3% or less.
Each variant offers its unique set of benefits:
- Germaben II: Its ability to preserve formulations with a higher oil content means it's versatile for a broader range of products. Additionally, its incorporation of both methylparaben and propylparaben ensures broad-spectrum protection.
- Germaben II E: For those looking to avoid parabens, Germaben II E can be an attractive option as it replaces methylparaben and propylparaben with ethylparaben, offering a different preservative profile.
Considerations When Using
When incorporating either preservative into a formulation, there are vital points to consider:
- Temperature Sensitivity: Both variants can be heat sensitive. It's often recommended to add them during the cooling phase of the formulation process.
- Compatibility: Always test for compatibility with other ingredients in your formulation.
- Concentration: Ensure you're using the preservative within the recommended concentration levels to ensure effectiveness without causing potential irritation.
Choosing between Germaben II and Germaben II E largely depends on the specific needs and composition of the formulation at hand. By understanding the differences between the two, formulators can make an informed decision best suited to their product's requirements.
Who is Soapgoods?
We are proud to present a diverse and extensive selection of soap making supplies including soap molds as well as melt and pour soap bases. Are you looking for something unique, something hard to find? Wondering Where to buy Witch Hazel Distillate - Alcohol Free? We are a fantastic source!
We carry it all and many other fantastic but hard to find items at great wholesale prices, we are the one-stop-shop, you can find everything you need here, even bulk Xanthan Gum Right here at Soapgoods
We know you have choices, that's why we work harder, providing better quality, faster shipping and a wide selection of items in practical sizes for any application. When you need to make a purchase and need it delivered quickly, look to us to provide you the service you need. We even have Wholesale Yogurt Powder, in small and large builds sizes, either way, you can get our best direct to consumer pricing. Plus we ship it out the next business days. and will ship the next business day.
Where else can you do all your shopping in one place? When you need to make a purchase and get it delivered quickly. Buy Zinc Oxide Powder? Right here
When you are looking for quality personal care products, cosmetics and soap making supplies, be sure to visit our online store for Acacia Gum Enjoy our premium quality ingredients and super fast shipping times.
Read our Real Reviews from Google and Bizrate
100% Real Reviews (we cannot edit, create or delete reviews) From Google, Click here -> Real SoapGoods Reviews
See more Real Reviews (we cannot edit, create or delete reviews) from Third Party Watchdog Bizrate Real SoapGoods Reviews (Click Here and Scroll Down)
Read hundreds of real testimonials from over a decade of service. SoapGoods Testimonials.
How Fast Can I get it?
We Guarantee Your order ships out the same or next business day! This means in the South East you will have your order in 1 to 3 business days, in the North East normally 3 to 4 days and in the West normally 4 to 5 days. For full details on shipping and processing times please see our expected delivery times.
These times are based on business days, not including weekends or holidays.
FedEx Delivery Map
USPS Delivery Map
Typical Delivery Times to Major US Cities
|Major Cities||Total Business Days +1 / -1|
|Alabama (AL) - Montgomery, Birmingham||1|
|Alaska (AK) - Juneau, Anchorage||7|
|Arizona (AZ) - Phoenix, Tucson||4|
|Arkansas (AR) - Little Rock, Fayetteville||2|
|California (CA) - Sacramento, Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, Sacramento, San Jose||4|
|Colorado (CO) - Denver, Colorado Springs||3|
|Connecticut (CT) - Hartford, New Haven||2|
|Delaware (DE) - Dover, Wilmington, Newark||2|
|Florida (FL) - Tallahassee, Orlando, Miami, Jacksonville, Tampa, Destin||2|
|Georgia (GA) - Atlanta, Savannah, Augusta, Athens||1|
|Hawaii (HI) - Honolulu, Kailua||7|
|Idaho (ID) - Boise, Coeur d'Alene||4|
|Illinois (IL) - Springfield, Chicago, Peoria, Rockford||2|
|Indiana (IN) - Indianapolis, Fort Wayne||2|
|Iowa (IA) - Des Moines, Cedar Rapids||2|
|Kansas (KS) - Topeka, Wichita, Kansas City||2|
|Kentucky (KY) - Frankfort, Louisville, Lexington||2|
|Louisiana (LA) - Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Lafayette||2|
|Maine (ME) - Augusta, Portland, Bangor||3|
|Maryland (MD) - Annapolis, Baltimore||2|
|Massachusetts (MA) - Boston, Cambridge, Worcester||2|
|Michigan (MI) - Lansing, Detroit, Grand Rapids||2|
|Minnesota (MN) - St. Paul, Minneapolis, Duluth||3|
|Mississippi (MS) - Jackson, Biloxi, Hattiesburg||1|
|Missouri (MO) - Jefferson City, St Louis, Kansas City||2|
|Montana (MT) - Helena, Billings||4|
|Nebraska (NE) - Lincoln, Omaha||2|
|Nevada (NV) - Carson City, Las Vegas, Reno||4|
|New Hampshire (NH) - Concord, Manchester, Portsmouth||2|
|New Jersey (NJ) - Trenton, Newark, Jersey City||2|
|New Mexico (NM) - Santa Fe, Alburquerque||3|
|New York (NY) - Albany, New York, Rochester, Buffalo, Albany, Syracuse, Niagara Falls, Ithaca||3|
|North Carolina (NC) - Raleigh, Charlotte||2|
|North Dakota (ND) - Bismarck, Fargo||3|
|Ohio (OH) - Columbus, Cleveland, Cincinnati||2|
|Oklahoma (OK) - Oklahoma City, Fairview,||2|
|Oregon (OR) - Salem, Portland, Eugene||5|
|Pennsylvania (PA) - Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh||2|
|Rhode Island (RI) - Providence, Newport||2|
|South Carolina (SC) - Columbia, Charleston||1|
|South Dakota (SD) - Pierre, Sioux Falls, Rapid City||3|
|Tennessee (TN) - Nashville, Memphis||2|
|Texas (TX) - Austin, Houston, Dallas||3|
|Utah (UT) - Salt Lake City, St. George||3|
|Vermont (VT) - Montpelier, Burlington||3|
|Virginia (VA) - Richmond, Virginia Beach||2|
|Washington (WA) - Olympia, Seattle, Vancouver, Spokane||5|
|West Virginia (WV) - Charleston, Morgantown||2|
|Wisconsin (WI) - Madison, Milwaukee||2|
|Wyoming (WY) - Cheyenne, Jackson||4|
Disclaimer: All product descriptions and specifications provided in this description are intended as a guide only and are subject to change without notice. While we strive for accuracy, discrepancies or errors may be present. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
No posts found