About Grapefruit Seed Extract 60/40
- Synonyms: Citrus Seed Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Citrus Paradisi Seed Extract
- INCI Name: Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Glycerin
- CAS: 84696-38-8; 90045-43-5
- Einecs: 289-904-6
- Viscosity: Thick liquid
- Solublity: Water Soluble
- Storage: Cool, dark dry area, air tight container preferred
- Appearance: Dark liquid
- Odor: Strong Characteristic scent
- Natural: Natural, extract of grapefruit seed and pulp
- Packaging: .25 lbs is s single cylinder, 1 Lb is single container, 4 Lb is a single container, 20 lb is 5 x 4 lb. 50 lb is a single pail.
- Shelf life: Suggested retest date 1 year from purchase
Usage / Benefits
- Industries: Personal Care and Cosmetics, Cleaning Products, Nutritional Supplements, Agriculture, Veterinary Care, Food Preservation (excluding food consumption), Water Treatment, Alternative Medicine
- Applications: Personal care products, Natural preservative in cosmetics, Skin cleansers, Acne treatments, Mouthwashes, Toothpastes, Throat sprays, Nasal and ear rinses, Household cleaners, Agricultural applications (as an alternative to synthetic pesticides), Disinfectant sprays, Animal care products, Treatment for fungal infections.
- Benefits: Antimicrobial Properties, Antioxidant Effects, Anti-inflammatory Qualities, Preservative in Personal Care Products, Natural Disinfectant in Cleaning Products, Potential Aid in Skin Conditions, Application in Agricultural Pest Control, Use in Veterinary Care, Contribution to Water Treatment Processes
- Products Uses: Face washes, Lotions, Shampoos, Conditioners, Acne creams and gels, Mouthwashes, Toothpastes, Wound disinfectants, Throat sprays, Nasal sprays, Ear drops, Natural household cleaners, Disinfectant sprays, Pet shampoos, Herbal supplements, Antifungal creams, Hand sanitizers.
- Safety: Generally safe, however keep out of eyes and do not eat.
- Cautions: Not for ingestion, keep away from pets and children who may attempt to eat.
- External Use Only: Even if food grade, we do not provide items for ingestion, all of our items are for external use only.
Grapefruit Seed Extract
Grapefruit Seed Extract is derived from the seeds and membrane portion of the grapefruit. It is reputed to be an effective broad spectrum anti-microbial properties.
Specifically, Grapefruit Seed Extract has demonstrated its ability to kill or inhibit the growth of a wide array of potentially harmful bacteria, fungi, viruses and protozoan parasites.
It has become increasingly popular in manufacturing circles as a natural preservative, though it is important to note that Grapefruit Seed Extract is not in itself a full-spectrum preservative.
When you think of grapefruits, perhaps the tangy taste or their vibrant color comes to mind. However, beyond these appealing characteristics, grapefruits harbor a potent secret: Grapefruit Seed Extract (GSE). Renowned for its antimicrobial properties, GSE has carved a niche in personal care and cosmetic industries, offering both functional and health benefits.
Unpacking Grapefruit Seed Extract
Grapefruit Seed Extract is a liquid derived from the seeds, pulp, and white membranes of grapefruits. Through a complex processing method, a potent compound emerges, which is then often mixed with glycerin to create the commercial GSE used in various products. Rich in essential oils, antioxidants, and naturally occurring compounds, GSE has been lauded for its antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal properties.
Applications in Personal Care
GSE's strong antimicrobial properties make it an invaluable asset in personal care formulations:
- Face Washes: Integrated into cleansers, GSE aids in combating acne-causing bacteria, ensuring a deeper cleanse and clearer skin.
- Lotions: Its hydrating and antimicrobial nature works double-duty, moisturizing the skin while protecting against potential bacterial invaders.
- Shampoos & Conditioners: Beyond cleansing, GSE can address scalp conditions like dandruff by curbing fungal growth.
A Natural Preservative
In the world of cosmetics and personal care, product preservation is vital. Products need to remain safe and effective for consumers, resisting bacterial or fungal growth. While many synthetic preservatives exist, there's a growing demand for natural alternatives. Here, GSE stands out as a potential option. Its inherent antimicrobial properties can help extend the shelf life of products, making it especially popular among brands favoring natural ingredient lists.
GSE in Soap Making
Handmade soaps, revered for their artisanal quality and unique ingredient blends, can benefit immensely from GSE:
- Antimicrobial Boost: GSE's properties can enhance a soap's ability to cleanse and protect the skin from microbes.
- Natural Preservative: Handcrafted soaps, especially those with organic ingredients, can be susceptible to spoilage. A dash of GSE can extend the soap's life, ensuring it remains safe and effective for longer.
- Enhanced Skin Benefits: GSE's potential antioxidant properties can complement other skin-loving ingredients in soaps, amplifying their benefits.
Role in Cosmetic Formulations
Cosmetic products, from foundations to lip balms, can harness GSE's benefits:
- Shelf-life Extension: A dab of GSE can act as a preservative, especially in water-based cosmetics, preventing early spoilage.
- Enhanced Skin Health: Products like BB creams or tinted moisturizers, which combine makeup with skincare, can utilize GSE's antimicrobial properties to offer an added layer of skin protection.
- Product Integrity: Cosmetics, especially those boasting natural or organic labels, can remain potent and free from microbial contamination with the inclusion of GSE.
Sustainability and Safety Considerations
As consumers become more eco-conscious, the sourcing and environmental impact of ingredients come under scrutiny. GSE, being derived from grapefruits, offers a plant-based, sustainable alternative to synthetic compounds. However, like all ingredients, it's essential to ensure purity and quality. Some commercial GSE formulations have faced criticism for containing synthetic preservatives, emphasizing the need for transparency and rigorous testing.
Grapefruit Seed Extract Uses
Grapefruit Seed Extract is known for its versatile applications. From healthcare to cosmetics and household needs, it has a variety of uses.
- Antimicrobial Agent: Effective against various bacteria, viruses, and fungi.
- Supports Digestive Health: Used to promote healthy digestion and gut health.
- Immune System Booster: May help in strengthening the immune system.
- Oral Health: Employed in oral care products for its antibacterial properties.
Cosmetic and Skincare Uses
- Antioxidant Properties: Used in skin care products for its ability to fight free radicals.
- Acne Treatment: Utilized in treatments for acne due to its antibacterial effects.
- Hair Care: Included in shampoos and conditioners for scalp health.
- Cleaning Agent: Employed as a natural antibacterial and antifungal agent in cleaning products.
- Water Purifier: Sometimes used to purify water.
- Food Preservative: Acts as a natural preservative in food products.
Grapefruit Seed Extract Benefits
GSE is renowned for its antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral properties, making it a popular choice in products where microbial growth is a concern. This is especially valuable in personal care products that have a water component, as they can be susceptible to microbial contamination.
With its antimicrobial prowess, GSE can act as a natural preservative in cosmetic formulations. This makes it a sought-after alternative to synthetic preservatives, especially for brands aiming for a 'natural' or 'organic' label.
GSE is rich in antioxidants, particularly vitamin C and E. Antioxidants help combat free radicals, which can cause skin aging and damage. This makes GSE a valuable ingredient in skincare products aiming to provide anti-aging benefits.
There's evidence suggesting that GSE may possess anti-inflammatory properties, which can be beneficial for calming redness, swelling, and irritation on the skin.
Enhances Skin Health
When incorporated into skincare products, GSE not only offers protection against microbial invaders but can also potentially improve skin texture and health. Its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties combined can lead to brighter, clearer, and more youthful-looking skin.
Being derived from grapefruits, GSE provides a plant-based, eco-friendly alternative to some synthetic ingredients. This aligns with the rising demand for sustainable and environmentally-friendly products.
Grapefruit Seed Extract 60/40 for Dogs
Introduction to Grapefruit Seed Extract (GSE) 60/40
Grapefruit Seed Extract (GSE) 60/40 is a liquid compound derived from the seeds, pulp, and white membranes of grapefruit. It is primarily known for its antimicrobial properties.
Benefits for Dogs
GSE 60/40 can offer several benefits for dogs due to its properties:
Antimicrobial Effects: GSE can act against bacteria, viruses, and fungi, potentially helping to treat and prevent infections.
Skin Issues: For dogs with skin issues or minor wounds, GSE diluted in water can be used as a topical rinse.
Ear Infections: A diluted solution of GSE can be an alternative remedy for certain ear infections.
Usage and Dosage
It's crucial to consult with a veterinarian before using GSE on your dog. The recommended dosage and method of application will vary depending on the issue being addressed and the individual dog's needs.
While GSE can be beneficial, it's essential to ensure safe usage:
Allergies: Some dogs may be allergic to GSE. It's wise to perform a patch test first to observe any adverse reactions.
Internal Use: Before giving GSE internally to your dog, seek advice from a vet. Incorrect dosages can be harmful.
Dilution: GSE should always be diluted, especially for topical applications, as its concentrated form can be too strong for pets.
Who is Soapgoods?
We are proud to present a diverse and extensive selection of soap making supplies including soap molds as well as melt and pour soap bases. Are you looking for something unique, something hard to find? Wondering Where to buy Witch Hazel Distillate - Alcohol Free? We are a fantastic source!
We carry it all and many other fantastic but hard to find items at great wholesale prices, we are the one-stop-shop, you can find everything you need here, even bulk Xanthan Gum Right here at Soapgoods
We know you have choices, that's why we work harder, providing better quality, faster shipping and a wide selection of items in practical sizes for any application. When you need to make a purchase and need it delivered quickly, look to us to provide you the service you need. We even have Wholesale Yogurt Powder, in small and large builds sizes, either way, you can get our best direct to consumer pricing. Plus we ship it out the next business days. and will ship the next business day.
Where else can you do all your shopping in one place? When you need to make a purchase and get it delivered quickly. Buy Zinc Oxide Powder? Right here
When you are looking for quality personal care products, cosmetics and soap making supplies, be sure to visit our online store for Acacia Gum Enjoy our premium quality ingredients and super fast shipping times.
Read our Real Reviews from Google and Bizrate
100% Real Reviews (we cannot edit, create or delete reviews) From Google, Click here -> Real SoapGoods Reviews
See more Real Reviews (we cannot edit, create or delete reviews) from Third Party Watchdog Bizrate Real SoapGoods Reviews (Click Here and Scroll Down)
Read hundreds of real testimonials from over a decade of service. SoapGoods Testimonials.
How Fast Can I get it?
We Guarantee Your order ships out the same or next business day! This means in the South East you will have your order in 1 to 3 business days, in the North East normally 3 to 4 days and in the West normally 4 to 5 days. For full details on shipping and processing times please see our expected delivery times.
These times are based on business days, not including weekends or holidays.
FedEx Delivery Map
USPS Delivery Map
Typical Delivery Times to Major US Cities
|Major Cities||Total Business Days +1 / -1|
|Alabama (AL) - Montgomery, Birmingham||1|
|Alaska (AK) - Juneau, Anchorage||7|
|Arizona (AZ) - Phoenix, Tucson||4|
|Arkansas (AR) - Little Rock, Fayetteville||2|
|California (CA) - Sacramento, Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, Sacramento, San Jose||4|
|Colorado (CO) - Denver, Colorado Springs||3|
|Connecticut (CT) - Hartford, New Haven||2|
|Delaware (DE) - Dover, Wilmington, Newark||2|
|Florida (FL) - Tallahassee, Orlando, Miami, Jacksonville, Tampa, Destin||2|
|Georgia (GA) - Atlanta, Savannah, Augusta, Athens||1|
|Hawaii (HI) - Honolulu, Kailua||7|
|Idaho (ID) - Boise, Coeur d'Alene||4|
|Illinois (IL) - Springfield, Chicago, Peoria, Rockford||2|
|Indiana (IN) - Indianapolis, Fort Wayne||2|
|Iowa (IA) - Des Moines, Cedar Rapids||2|
|Kansas (KS) - Topeka, Wichita, Kansas City||2|
|Kentucky (KY) - Frankfort, Louisville, Lexington||2|
|Louisiana (LA) - Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Lafayette||2|
|Maine (ME) - Augusta, Portland, Bangor||3|
|Maryland (MD) - Annapolis, Baltimore||2|
|Massachusetts (MA) - Boston, Cambridge, Worcester||2|
|Michigan (MI) - Lansing, Detroit, Grand Rapids||2|
|Minnesota (MN) - St. Paul, Minneapolis, Duluth||3|
|Mississippi (MS) - Jackson, Biloxi, Hattiesburg||1|
|Missouri (MO) - Jefferson City, St Louis, Kansas City||2|
|Montana (MT) - Helena, Billings||4|
|Nebraska (NE) - Lincoln, Omaha||2|
|Nevada (NV) - Carson City, Las Vegas, Reno||4|
|New Hampshire (NH) - Concord, Manchester, Portsmouth||2|
|New Jersey (NJ) - Trenton, Newark, Jersey City||2|
|New Mexico (NM) - Santa Fe, Alburquerque||3|
|New York (NY) - Albany, New York, Rochester, Buffalo, Albany, Syracuse, Niagara Falls, Ithaca||3|
|North Carolina (NC) - Raleigh, Charlotte||2|
|North Dakota (ND) - Bismarck, Fargo||3|
|Ohio (OH) - Columbus, Cleveland, Cincinnati||2|
|Oklahoma (OK) - Oklahoma City, Fairview,||2|
|Oregon (OR) - Salem, Portland, Eugene||5|
|Pennsylvania (PA) - Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh||2|
|Rhode Island (RI) - Providence, Newport||2|
|South Carolina (SC) - Columbia, Charleston||1|
|South Dakota (SD) - Pierre, Sioux Falls, Rapid City||3|
|Tennessee (TN) - Nashville, Memphis||2|
|Texas (TX) - Austin, Houston, Dallas||3|
|Utah (UT) - Salt Lake City, St. George||3|
|Vermont (VT) - Montpelier, Burlington||3|
|Virginia (VA) - Richmond, Virginia Beach||2|
|Washington (WA) - Olympia, Seattle, Vancouver, Spokane||5|
|West Virginia (WV) - Charleston, Morgantown||2|
|Wisconsin (WI) - Madison, Milwaukee||2|
|Wyoming (WY) - Cheyenne, Jackson||4|
Disclaimer: All product descriptions and specifications provided in this description are intended as a guide only and are subject to change without notice. While we strive for accuracy, discrepancies or errors may be present. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.